Sketchfab Forum

OptionsOptions: build configurators BETA

api
3dsmax

(Klaasnienhuis) #1

Hi,

I'd like to introduce OptionsOptions. It's a script for 3dsMax which builds configurators for you. You just have to set up your model and materials in a specific way in 3dsMax and the script publishes the model and creates a mini-website with a menu. This mini website is the actual configurator.

The script is in public beta at the moment. I invite you to try it out and to give feedback. Do you like the website it generates, what features would you like to see, how do you think the material conversion from 3dsMax to pbr looks?

It's pretty basic at the moment, you can change the materials on your models. Material support is also limited at the moment, only standard materials without textures.

Here's everything you need to get going:
The script
The documentation
Video basics
Video multiple materials
Example configurator stormtrooper
Example confiugrator Taksi, model by https://sketchfab.com/erbaycelik

Before starting please take the time to actually watch the videos or even better: read the docs. It's worth it!

Klaas Nienhuis

(Klaasnienhuis) #2

Check out this update to the OptionsOptions script: http://www.3dmodelpublisher.com/Samples/Maison/MdA
This setup separates the diffuse color from the baked lighting. This makes it much easier to have the benefits of baked lighting but still the flexibility of changing the colors. In the example the building only uses one set of baked textures. Pressing the color scheme buttons changes the diffuse colors on the model but keeps the same baked textures.

Lightmaps + pbr... is there a way?

Really nice!

(Mauricesvay) #4

Looks really cool :smile:

(Polka Life) #5

Looks interesting, will it be on the sketchfab in a future? I have uploaded some models of a furniture and it would be great if my customers will be able to change the color of the furniture.
Thank you for your work!

(Adamcrockett) #6

me too polka_life, a furniture configurator on our website is exactly what I'm looking for!

(Klaasnienhuis) #7

hi @polka_life and @adamcrockett,
you can download the script from the link in the first post in this thread. Just try it out yourself. It's not a hypothetical demo but it works already! I've written quite elaborate documentation so you could do it yourself. If you would like me to help, just send me a private message in this forum.

(3dmark) #8

Klaasnienhuis Hello! Have a few questions
1) Why when I apply PBR gives an error
2) Why no active animation
3) Why documentation is not available on the link
Thank You very much for the script!

(Klaasnienhuis) #9

I can only really answer number 3: the docs were hosted on dropbox, but dropbox has discontinued that feature. I'll have to move the docs somewhere else. 1 and 2 require more specifics if you want me to help out

(3dmark) #10

Thank you very much for the answer!
1 and 2 attached images!

(3dmark) #11

and there is still the question! Why when published are renamed to strange names? :slight_smile: