By "Reasonable' I meant textures that won't crash most of the devices (mobile or not).
We don't put HD by default, because we don't want people to have their web page crashed when they browse models on sketchfab.
But in your case, your model is private and you have full control on the device where it will be displayed, so indeed it's not an issue and HD should be selected .
Two things to know :
- In the editor, we always select the original textures, not the compressed ones
- The compressed textures are created each time you hit "save settings", it can take some times, so you might have to wait a bit before the SD/HD button appear
You can add an option to force the use of original texture, it's not documented and we don't really advise to use it (especially if many people will browse the embed):
- imageCompression=0 (don't use compressed textures)
- preload=1 (don't display the model until all the textures are downloaded)
- pixelBudget=0 (use max resolution textures (HD))
So in the end :