Patria AMV - Low Poly

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #1

Time to rework my Patria AMV lowpoly model.

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #2

Little update I try to split the UV (mirror) and Im almost there :wink:. Whole body wil have one texture and another texture will be used for top, HitFist turret or Ambulances .

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #3

Ok last mesh update (I hope :wink:) now model use 2x2048 textures for turret and one for body. In mobile AR app I try to go with 1024+512.

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #4

Now is time to make textures :wink:.
I will use custom matcap shader with one or two textures. I need to check what works better multiple materials or 2 textures.
I try pack everything into one normal map but with RGBA setup like this.
R - NOR Value
G - NOR Value
B - Matcap strength / AO
A - Color saturation/Value

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #5

One texture (RGBAx2048) version. It's not a PBR :wink: but for mobile AR app its good.

(theStoff) #6

Looking good but could use a roughness map. I'd use roughness to add wear to the metal. Maybe the edges could be less rough to give the effect of scraped off paint for example. Also a metalness map would help so the tires don't have the same level of shine. Lastly you should turn on lights to get some shadows in there.

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #7

Yes I agree for standard PC roughness and metalness map is must have but I want to make Light/Fast model for Augmented Reality app. I want to use only one texture so I have only 2 channels (BA) spare in normal map :wink: but I need one to color value + AO so there is no point using PBR shader . But I can try using last channel to mask reflection;).

(theStoff) #8

That is a very good challenge :stuck_out_tongue:! Maybe then you could remove spec entirely and paint in scratches and highlights?