Practice: katana scene

(Luiver) #1

Hello this time I bring a little Japanese scene which at first it was only going to be a katana to practice something fast but I ended up creating the rest and here we are hahahaha, any feedback would be apreciated!!

Used programs: blender and substance painter

(Tomatoheadstudio) #2

I think it looks amazing. Could be brighter though, so we can see your work better. Maybe add extra lights?
Just out of curiosity: did you upload it directly from Blender?

(Tomatoheadstudio) #3

I see it was an .FBX. Don’t you think that the background woodwork has more smoothing that you would like? I would check Autosmooth and change the angle till it looks less smooth.

(Luiver) #4

Hello thank you for commenting, I had not really noticed that option of autosmooth, at first I thought it was something related to the sketchfab options but then investigating was that I discovered it hahaha, generally what I always did was to apply smooth to everything and make a bake with a high poly model which has the modifiers of bevel and subdivision surface with which I try more or less to control how softened I want it although the truth is i don’t know if it is the best way to do it. I’ll take a look at the autosmooth as I think I would fix some things that always bugged me and took a long time to resolve hahaha although at the moment I’m making the switch to blender 2.8 and I’m getting used to the new interface to see where everything is and what has changed, in any case thanks again for the advice I really appreciate it!
PS: responding to the first question i upload separete, not with blender.

(Tomatoheadstudio) #5

Glad I could help. Blender just has so much stuff in it that it is impossible to know it all.

Without being too annoying IMHO one last thing I would do it is to unwrap the table so that all wood grain is going the same direction in a single piece of timber (top vs right/left sides have diferent directions in your model).