Preview updated 3dsMax exporter

3dsmax

(Klaasnienhuis) #1

Hi there,

I’ve been working on a few updates to the 3dsMax exporter. I’ve updated mainly stuff on the inside but two notable additions are the support for Vray Next and Corona. You can now use these render engines for texturebaking.

Before making this update generally available, I’d be grateful if some of you would like to test it. The latest version can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/37hpa9j72trsrbc/INSTALLER_SketchfabPublisher_2018-07-29_18-27-10_8.31.mzp?dl=0. I’m curious to hear if the Corona support works as expected or if I missed any bugs. I’ve tested with max 2018 and corona 1.7 by the way.

I’ve also had plenty of feedback about enhancing the way the exporter bakes the textures. Some people have asked for the lighting and the albedo to be separated into their own textures. Others have asked to separate materials, for instance to be able to adjust transparent materials separately. I’m curious to hear some opinions about this. My perspective is that the tool should be easy to use, but if I can add a few more use cases without sacrificing usabilty I’d be willing to do that.

Thanks,
Klaas

(Tu Xcreativeco) #2

Hey Klaas,

thanks for the update, would definitvely like to check this out as we intensively rely on Corona at the office and workflow has been a major paintpoint so far for us to dive more into sketchfab.

So far, when publishing objects I get the following message: --Runtime error: Struct member access requires instance: main

(Klaasnienhuis) #3

Hi @TUXcreativeco,
thanks for testing the script. I’m unable to reproduce the issue you report. Are you using the version of the script linked in the original post?
Can you tell me which max version you’re using? And if the error persists, could you paste the entire contents of the maxscript listener (press F11 to open it)? That will help me find the issue.

(Tu Xcreativeco) #4

We’re running 3dsmax 2019.1.1 and yeah i downloaded the version that is linked in your post:

Here’s what I got from the listener:

“Ini file available, proceeding.”
“Script is up to date.”
– Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\KlaasTools\Sketchfab\scriptfiles\main\studio.mse; position: 9862; line: 307
– MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
– Runtime error: Struct member access requires instance: main
– MAXScript callstack:
– thread data: threadID:35244

– [stack level: 0]
– In event_harvestData(); filename: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\KlaasTools\Sketchfab\scriptfiles\event\main.mse; position: 1950; line: 53
– member of: StructDef:str_event
– Defined in encrypted script

– [stack level: 1]
– called from event_publish(); filename: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\KlaasTools\Sketchfab\scriptfiles\event\main.mse; position: 14268; line: 356
– member of: StructDef:str_event

– [stack level: 2]
– called from btnSend.mouseclick(); filename: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\KlaasTools\Sketchfab\scriptfiles\gui\gui_rollout_main.mse; position: 2909; line: 72
– member of: Rollout:roll

– [stack level: 3]
– called from top-level

Hope that helps

(Klaasnienhuis) #5

Hi @TUXcreativeco, I was able to reproduce the issue but only in max 2019.1. Could you try this version and tell me if it works?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tawzydqne4b1r43/INSTALLER_SketchfabPublisher_2018-08-31_22-44-33_8.32.mzp?dl=1

(Tu Xcreativeco) #6

Hey Klaas,

just to let you know I did a quick export test and it worked the way it was supposed to (:
I’ll do some more advanced model so we can see how it goes.

Thank you very much!

(Klaasnienhuis) #7

That’s great to hear