Question about uploading models with no difusse

(Rdmdanimation) #1

hi, I dont know if this question fits this category so sorry in advance, but my question is that I was planing to upload a model but only having a normal map, a low poly with a high poly normal and nothing else like those "clay" renders, I want to focus more on sculpting and texturing is not my strong skill,and I have seen people uploading uploading those "clay" that are like the high poly model only with oclusion or other simple shading like that

so I was thinking on uploading more things like that, but dont know if maybe it will be best if I try to dedicate more time create a texture or just upload it with the normal map,dont know what option would be best to show as part of my portfolio

also was thinking of just making a bake of the oclussion or some light map, but I want a shaded render in sketchfab so dont know if it would look good like that

(Gistold) #2

Hey mate,
Ok I think I understand what do you would like, but just to be sure, do you have a example ? (link or image ?)

For LP example :
Low with Normal and AO + Shadow :

Or maybe for your HP (AO baked in vertices + Shadow ?) :
High without map :

Quote :

also was thinking of just making a bake of the oclussion or some light map, but I want a shaded render in sketchfab so dont know if it would look good like that

But, I think, the SSAO is the best way for your HP renders, Sketchfab team work on this feature atm :slight_smile: !

(Hvalle) #3

Sure man! you can even upload a "High poly" with decimation. If you add occlusion to that you should have something pretty amazing by itself, especially if what you want is to showcase the quality of the model.

(Gistold) #4

@rdmdanimation If you have model (fbx or ztl or obj ect...) mid or high poly, I can show you how to make a "similar" effect in Sketchfab! :slight_smile:

(Rdmdanimation) #5

I want something like the first image, my idea was to have just normal maps and a oclussion bake,either as a texture or whatever,and normal shading

thanks for all the replyes, wasnt expecting it

(Gistold) #6

Hello Rdmd :slight_smile:
Ok, so, Maybe you can try that :

Base Color : #FEFEFE and adjust the value for more or less white
Metalness : 0
Specular F0 : 50
Roughness : 50
Displacement : If you have one, keep it
Normal : Your Normal map
Ambient Occlusion : Your AO map (you can uncheck Occlude Specular)
Cavity : If you have a Cavity (or just drop your AO map and adjust the value, it's only for "multiply" your AO).
Transparency : If you have one
Emission : If you ave one again :stuck_out_tongue:
Faces Rendering : It depend, but you can keep "Double sided" in general..

Try that and say me if it's good for you!
Have nice day mate!
Gis