Reimport / replace a texture

feature-request
textures

(Lizardsking) #1

Hello Sketchfab, since 3d programs and your renderes slightly differ I have to tweak textures to get a right looking.
But there is no reimport texture button?
If I delete texture I will lose all links to channels this texture used and have to setup them again.
If I import texture I need to reimport once again it will just upload second texture with the same name.
So what is the right way to do it?
It would be great to have reimport button near delete button in textures manager, so Sketchfab can reupload texture and save links to all channels that use this texture.
Thanks.

Is there an option to Replace a Texture?

It’s not possible at the moment, but I agree a “Replace Texture” function could be useful. I’m adding your “+1” to this idea in our feature request tracker.

(Tyson Gersh) #4

Add one for me too! This would be great and save a lot of time!

(Pete Dev) #5

Hi there,

I’ve been editing a lot of models lately and I was wondering, is there a way to replace a texture? It seems that you have to delete an existing one and re-upload another. This becomes a bit tedious if you are tweaking your textures, since you spend a lot of time reassigning textures.

Something like this -
56%20pm

Thanks,
Pete

(Shaderbytes) #6

+1 :slight_smile:

(Nomadking) #7

+1 too please! :slight_smile:

(Tiagojdferreira) #8

We added this to our ideas list
https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/what-is-the-right-way-to-reimport-textures/26261/3