REQUEST: Enhanced 'ABOUT THIS MODEL' section

(Swami Mathtraveler) #1

Hi Sketchfabulousers,

The 1024 character field limit is binarily understandable, but still somewhat limiting. An increase would be nice:) In addition, image support would be a plus, albeit with an increased storage demand on your end. Also, HTML support (even limited) would be welcomed.

OK, great service. Thx a lot.

Swami

(Swami Mathtraveler) #2

Re: embedding images, just saw this post:
How to add an image to the model description?

Hopefully, this could change in the future...

(Mauricesvay) #3

Hi @swami_mathtraveler

We now support markdown in descriptions and annotations: https://help.sketchfab.com/hc/en-us/articles/205611655-Markdown

This lets you add images, but you have to host them yourself (on imgur.com for example).

(Swami Mathtraveler) #4

Thx Maurice,

Markdown support is much appreciated:) I assume the markdown characters factor into the 1024 character field limit:( Yes? [Update: The answer is indeed 'yes'.] Any way to increase the number of characters? Thx.

OK, off I go to markdown some stuff!:)...

Swami

(Bart) #5

Hey @mauricesvay, have we ever considered adding Markdown support to comments too? On the hand hand it could be useful, on the other hand I guess that people could really mess up your page...

(Swami Mathtraveler) #6

OK, I've "markdowned" two of my 'fabs' (or whatever they're called): here, and here. Edited the descriptions, and annotations. Things are better now:) Still out of space in one description, though. Also, not a biggie, but annotations do not preview the markdown. And, as an aside, I noticed that in annotations, to get a new line, you have to enter TWO lines. Hm?

Anyhow, I like the markdown. Will have to look into more of its options...

(Swami Mathtraveler) #7

OK, for a line break the documentation sez,

"When you do want to insert a
break tag using Markdown, you end a line with two or more spaces, then type return." (Ref.)

Haha. The line break HTML tag in the quotation above got processed and appears as a line break. So, this messaging system supports HTML in comments, apparently:)

(Swami Mathtraveler) #8

More on markdown: Embedding in Facebook...

Markdown is not recognized in embedded description:(

(Pierre-Antoine) #9

@swami_mathtraveler thank you for the report.
The Facebook issue should be fixed by next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

(Swami Mathtraveler) #10

You're welcome. No prob. Just keep making it better; I'll try to do my part:)...