Sketchfab Forum

Scaling models on mobile?

vr
feature-request

(Eternal Realm) #1

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can scale models in vr with the vive or oculus, but is there a way to scale a model on a mobile browser?

(Fongoose) #2

I don't believe there is a way to scale models in VR mode as the scale is set by the user who created the model. You can however navigate closer to the model by looking at the ground where you want to move to and clicking/ tapping the screen. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

(Stephomi) #3

@fongoose you can scale the model (or rather scale yourself) in VR when you have a vr controller.

It's not possible at the moment on mobile, maybe we might add it in the vr menu (long press) somehow, but no promise.

(Discount Safari) #4

I connect my Bluetooth keyboard and scale models with the O and P keys! I use a iPhone. This works with most models. Some have this (I think) disabled.

(Summitchairs) #5

Wonder if you guys could help... I'm struggling working out what scale I need to use to make the model viewable at a 1:1 scale. I don't like the thought of choosing a scale which looks about right. I know the character used to represent the VR's scale is 1.75m tall but don't know how I can accurately alter this to view the model at a 1:1 scale - screenshot below...

I know that the model is 1800mm high so the scale is currently set to 1000 as it looks about right but like I said this won't be exact.

Any help would be great! Thanks!