Sci-Fi Station and Monorail WIP

(Dennish2010) #1

Hello there, in this WIP thread I want to document my work
on a station and monorail train which am creating for a game project.

The station and the train model will be a part of a huge Space Station.
Models, textures and animations are created in Blender as usual.

Criticism, Ideas and tips are always welcome.

Station and monorail wip 1:

Station and Monorail Wip 1 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

Station seats:

Station Seats by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

Station and monorail wip 2:
Nearly all modular components are done and the Uv`s are unwraped. I baked a 4k ambient occlusion texture for every modular component. I made a camera flight animation through the tunnel, but not with an animated camera, camera animations are not supported yet, so I animated the environment around the center xD.

Station and Monorail Wip 2 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

(Dennish2010) #2

Station and Monorail Wip 3

Station textures done!

Station and Monorail Wip 3 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #3

a bit to much metal for my tastes, a few lines of plastic or color would break it a bit more off.
But the modeling looks nice, even if i can't see the sci-fi part, the skytrain in bkk did look way more futuristic (or atleast my envisioned future)
Might want to add some emission blocks for light effects

(Dennish2010) #4

Yes it's really a bit too much metal I will try to add
some plastic later.

Thanks, I will see what I can do.

(Dennish2010) #5

Station and Monorail Wip 4

Station and Monorail Wip 4 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

I created two entrance parts for connecting the station with the rest (blue) and a service door socket for the tunnels (green) also I made a connection piece to have several rails next to each other (orange). Unfortunately the texture upload is not working :frowning:

(Dennish2010) #6

Station and Monorail Wip 5

Here is another update of my station and monorail WIP. The modular models for the station are done, maybe later I will rework the textures a bit but first I want to working out the train. Check out the HD texture resolution but the loading time could be a bit extreme, because I uploaded 47 4k textures.

Station and Monorail Wip 5 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #7

47 x 4k .. yeah that is way to much
but the screenshot look great so far, starting to look a bit more alive with the lights and all that

(Dennish2010) #8

Yes 47 x 4k are way too much and its very time consuming to
set it up all the time in sketchfab, 2k would also satisfy but for the game we
need 4k for the ultrahigh-texture settings.

(Dennish2010) #9

Station and Monorail Wip 6

Station and Monorail Wip 6 by DennisH2010 on Sketchfab

I create a rig with steering animation for the train, it works nice in Blender and Unity

Also I made some broken tunnel pieces and a tunnel piece with some shape key animation to break the tunnel, would be a nice shock effect when the player runs through the tunnel and suddenly the tunnel is blocked off by the shape key deformation and some monster appears
behind him to attack muhahaha.