Sketchfab Forum

Seperating client models?

folders
private
feature-request

(Travisslack) #1

Hey guys,

I have a couple folders I've created, each for one of my clients. In the folder are the models for the clients. Ideally I don't want the other clients to access each others models. What is the best scenario to do this?

Currently if I move my models into a folder and set a password on the models, they disappear from the folders. I need a way of being able to send each client a link to their folders to view their models.

We are looking at the business package for this but it could make or break us for what we're trying to do. I don't want to have to send indiviudal links to each model, i'd rather them view their client folder and see their models.

Any ideas?

(Travisslack) #2

And now I can no longer turn on or off download options for my models.

yesterday I set a model to be downloadable. Today I have no way of turning it off.

What is going on here? I was hoping to have something to show our boss but there seems to be a lot of issues going on today. I've tried different browsers and computers....

Any idea what's going on?

Hi,

We don't have private/password at the folder level yet, but it's something we're thinking about.

Soon we will allow you to use a Playlist with private models. For now, the only solution is to share a list of URLs to private models.

The download option issue is a bug we just introduced. It will be fixed ASAP. Sorry about that.

(Travisslack) #4

Thanks for getting back to me James. We recently just purchased a business account for our company to host our models. Do you possible have an ETA for such a feature for the private folders? It just seems to be the easiest solution for client management.

Thanks again.

(Chaitanyak) #5

i use the password protection to keep client models private.. i just assign the same password to each client's respective models.. so they just have one password to acess all their models.. however protected folders is a great idea. can't come sooner smile

Hi guys,

You can create/embed a playlist with private models now. It's not as good as a private folder, but maybe it's helpful:

https://sketchfab.com/playlists/embed?models=697996afb7744047bc42aa1906323f14+2c1eb60fd96a44699ebc455dc2d5b94e

(Chaitanyak) #7

that actually helps, thanks