Serving Content from My Server

website

(Glasshandvr) #1

How do I stream models from my server? What format is required of any HTML, JavaScript or any other files for the process? Do you have a complete zip file package to download that shows how this works?

At the moment we don't license the viewer technology for others to host and all models must be uploaded, processed and hosted on Sketchfab servers.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

(Glasshandvr) #3

Is there a complete guide to the API?

Does the technology support external controllers?

Certain objects seem to interact via Gaze-At actions, how do you trigger a response?

Is there a mending system?

Is there a way to restrict 3D interaction to only the confines of the model so that the "stage" is never visible? In the Picasso model you can turn past the "bedroom" to see the stage. Can that be prevented?

Is there a complete guide to the API?

https://sketchfab.com/developers/viewer

Does the technology support external controllers?

Not yet, but we hope to enable gamepad API features in the future

Certain objects seem to interact via Gaze-At actions, how do you trigger a response?

We do not expose gaze events or other VR-specific features in the API yet.

Is there a mending system?

Not sure what this is.

Is there a way to restrict 3D interaction to only the confines of the model so that the "stage" is never visible? In the Picasso model you can turn past the "bedroom" to see the stage. Can that be prevented?

Not at the moment.

(Glasshandvr) #5

Is there a menu system?

The technology is gorgeous but without a means to maneuver around either by gaze or controllers of some kind when in VR/Cardboard mode it's very limited as an alternative to Unity.

The cross platform browser support is what is most appealing but I can'tell do anything with it if I can'tell move in virtual space.

You can maneuver with gaze + teleport:

I have not seen any examples of the Viewer API + VR, but I supposed you could set camera position/target.

(Glasshandvr) #7

Excellent information. Many folks in VR are just hearing about your project. It would be very helpful to have a tutorial that demonstrates how to load multiple models, make menu selections using Gate-At techniques and how to teleport/load a follow on environment.

Those four techniques are pretty much everything I need to have available to consider Sketchfab as an alternative to Unity. I've already got it working inside an iPhone app using a UIWebView and though I haven't tried doing so on Android yet I know accessing your site view the regular browser on my Samsung S6 works just fine.

I'm speaking at a film festival next week on the subject of VR so a demo of the ability to teleport between 3D environments using Sketchfab would be seriously impressive. And while I'd prefer to be able to load the content from my own servers, if your service is reliable and can handle connectivity error conditions well I'm good with what I've seen so far.

I have not seen any examples of the Viewer API + VR, but I supposed you could set camera >position/target.

I think that's critical to keeping poly counts low and fast loading of 3D environments. If I don't need to have an entire room loaded as in the case of the Van Gough demo that helps a lot.

In movies you don't have to build an entire house of the action only takes place in part of it. Same thing applies here. If I only need a 150 degree view of a room why load the rest?