Sexy Sadistic Scientist

substance
animation
3dsmax
3d

(Grico316) #1

So my idea is a sexy sadistic scientist that has a fascination with electricity and toture. Don't have time to concept this out so I will be freestyling this as I go. I started off with my base template and making a new random character from it. Working on the face mostly in Substance Painter.

(Grico316) #2

Testing out the textures here on Sketchfab. So far so good. Just need a bit more tweaking.

(Grico316) #3

Did some more tweaking to the textures and base mesh.
Worked on the Hairstyle. I went with a Bob with bangs. I blocked it out in Max.

It's a good start but I will be doing some more tweaking.This is the look so far without any texturing. She is going to look so hawt with :eyeglasses:

Tested how everything is looking so far in Sketchfab.

A Quest to the Golden Galaxy. - Mad-scientist Contest
(Bart) #4

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

(Grico316) #5

I made her glasses and base outfit so far. Still working on blocking it out a bit more. So far just a custom Lab Coat and Pants. Made a quick pose just to see how the outfit functions. Gave her a lollipop too. She loves Lollipops. :stuck_out_tongue: :lollipop:

(Grico316) #6

Blocking out the shoes.

(Grico316) #7

So I decided to make a Robot Arm for her. Starting to block it out. Tattered her lab coat a bit too. Also kinda digging the Blue hair. It's blue because that's the base object color before I convert it to hair strands. It's basically a viewport toggle for performance and it is also how the hair is created. What am I using? Hair Farm. It's a plug-in.

(Bart) #8

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!

(Grico316) #9

I did some more detailing on the clothing and Robot Arm. Still not done yet....

(Grico316) #10

Better Late then Never....

(Simpletwig) #11

You obviously know how to model and wrap textures, but this character is more harlot than scientist. Actually having a white blouse that's fully open in front hardly qualifies this character as a scientist, i.e. the white 'lab coat' isn't a lab coat. I was hoping to see a woman scientist, one that takes their profession seriously, but is a human that can be appreciated in more than one way. Ironic that you say 'I don't have time to conceptualize this out...' is most obvious as you're really missing the opportunity to capture the 'sexy' qualities of an intelligent woman in uniform. Think of the sexy librarian concept to help guide your effort in the future and you'll land closer to a result that can be appreciated by many more people. On the other hand, you really captured a harlot, one that has tattoos, a lolly pop, thick mascara and other cheap makeup, colored hair, tight cloths and pumps. Any project worth doing well is one that's also worth thinking through. Good luck.

(Grico316) #12

Thank you for your encouraging words of wisdom. The harlot look was what I was going for.I honestly really didnt have time to do this challenge which is why I didn't finish. I was burnt out from my last challenge. The Journey Challenge Entry
This one I actually did concept out and finish. I did however improve my workflow with re texturing. I wanted to see how fast I could make a completely different character out of the same mesh while keeping the rigging intact. These 2 are the same mesh, with the addition of the metal arm.

(Simpletwig) #13

It's good to do studies of technique, like trying to modify an existing mesh, etc. to learn the tools you're using and in this respect I'm sure it was worthwhile study. The other model is way more successful as a complete composition, in detail, theme, character than the above example because the above one, according to your tread title is scientist, which this character is not. Still, awesome efforts all around.

(Grico316) #14

Thank you. I hope that I just have more time on the next challenge to develop a more planned idea than this one. It was both a failure and a success.