Share re-use of Sketchfab Creative Commons 3D

Hey everyone,

This is the start of a thread where we can showcase cool projects that have re-used or remixed Creative Commons 3D models downloaded from Sketchfab.

Members of our team will post things as they learn of them but lease add your examples whether it is your own project or something you have discovered online.

Examples things you might post that feature a 3D model from Sketchfab:

• a video
  • a 2D render
  • a link to a project or video game

Whatever you share, please also add a link to the 3D model on Sketchfab that was re-used.

We look forward to discovering cool projects!

8 Likes

I’ll start :slight_smile:

Right at the beginning of this Post Malone video, in the bottom right you can see this model of The Parade Shield of King Erik XIV of Sweden originally posted on Sketchfab by The Royal Armoury (Livrustkammaren)

3 Likes

one more while I think of it - this cool render shared by Ian Hubert on twitter features the CC0 model Bønhúsbergið, Mykines, Føroyar by Faroe Islands National Museum

Thats so cool … i’m curious which models will show up in this thread.

1 Like

Sketchfab CEO Alban just drew my attention to this post on instagram by Hunt Dougherty which reuses Braithwaite Street Tunnel (and others) by artfletch

3 Likes

Twitter user TrineEpiphany is re-using this CC0/public domain model of a Table and Tea Service made available by Cleveland Museum of Art to create props for opensim

3 Likes

Alexander Ameye has used the model Zelda - Breath Of The Wild by theStoff to demo an outline shader for Unity.

1 Like

The BBC featured a story about the photogrammetry projects of Sketchfab Members David Fletcher and Daniel Muirhead, and included a nice example of the re-use of David’s Southbank Undercroft Skatepark scan in a game environment:

1 Like

Last week, our class discussion centered on literacy in the virtual worlds.

Teacher, educator & literacy researcher Suriati Abas has used the model Mozilla Hubs Challenge - Wizard’s Library by mediochrea as a class venue in Mozilla Hubs

1 Like

This video by Lumeo Edits makes use of a bunch of cultural heritage 3D scans - I think I recognise models from the SMK Museum and have dropped a comment on the video to find out more.

Be warned: there are a lot of flashing lights in this video!

2 Likes

This marine toad :frog: originally published by Digital Life 3D has found a much more comfortable home in this scene by /denis_cliofas

2 Likes

Software engineer Zach Capalbo has been using the sculpture Artemis and Ifigenia scanned by Geoffrey Marchal (licensed under Creative Commons Attribution) for drawing reference in VR!

Original Tweet

3 Likes

Zimbabwe/Zambia based Village TV used Cartoon Trex by AzurPoly, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution in their hilarious new video:

3 Likes

FlightSim Squadron used CG Boost’s Flying Trabant model and made it flyable in Microsoft Flight Simulator!

You can download the mod here.

2 Likes

David Baylis, Technical Marketing Consultant @ Epic Games, used the model FREE 1975 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo by Karol Miklas

Original post on LinkedIn

3 Likes

Mingyincoser re-used Frog on a rock - Low Poly by LĂ©onard_Doye in his League of Legends Spirit Blossom scene.

2 Likes

Austin Beaulier animated this iPhone 12 LiDAR scan Milk River (Wooden Horse Sculpture) published by Jake Steinerman

Original tweet.

1 Like

Gabriella Krousaniotakis used the following models to render this cool video.

Porsche 911 RAUH-Welt by autoNgraphic
W47S Cyberpunk racecar by Rust Shake
Lamborghini Terzo Millennio by S.D.C.

Original post on linkedIn

Gabriella Krousaniotakis also used the model Bladerunner Car Model by Lor Hang Chuan in this video render :slight_smile:

Original LinkedIn post

1 Like