Should I make my models paid when I upgrade to a seller account?

(BladeManEXE10) #1

I was gonna work on at least 10 good models to upload so I can apply for a seller account.

I saw this in the seller’s guidelines.

“Be careful not to radically undercut the price of similar models on the store. This ultimately hurts all sellers by undermining the store economy.”

Does this mean that once I have a seller account, I should switch the models I’ve already uploaded to paid download and price them accordingly? Or would it be better to leave them as free downloads?

It’s entirely up to you, but I think it’s a great idea to set your existing models to paid if you want to monetize your work.

The note in the guidelines is more about comparing prices between two paid models, not necessarily paid vs free.

(BladeManEXE10) #3

Awesome. I look forward to maybe making something people will pay money for. :smiley:

Best of luck!

(Solphist) #5

Hi,

You probably want to change the licenses from cc0 attribution to at least non-commercial now.
Licensing/copyright is a nightmare… :smiley:
I’d personally go Non-commercial for the following reasons…

1. You can in the future change the licence to paid and there’s no copies floating around that are free for commercial use. (Unlike the models already uploaded)
  2. People may offer you something for them/ask to get a commercial license for them while you are building up to 10 models.

From the cc site.
"The CC licenses are irrevocable. This means that once you receive material under a CC license, you will always have the right to use it under those license terms, even if the licensor changes his or her mind and stops distributing under the CC license terms. Of course, you may choose to respect the licensor’s wishes and stop using the work. "
Nutshell version : if someone downloads it with cc0 attribution, they can basically use it commercially forever.

Kind regards,
Sol.

Yep, the licenses of previously downloaded versions cannot be changed, but you can change the license for future downloads.