Sketchfab is the official content provider of the Print Lab at the upcoming 3D Printshows in Madrid, Berlin, New York, London, California, Paris and Dubai!
We've teamed up with Ultimaker and will allow visitors to download a 3D model from Sketchfab and print it for free. You can choose from a selection of 10 models and right now I'm in the middle of picking the best candidates.
I still have a few spots left for the Berlin show and we could feature your work on our booth! Interested? Here's how to participate:
- Submit your suggestions on this forum topic before Monday, March 2. Models should be downloadable, and properly categorized as 'Printable'.
- Upload your models as STL files.
- Make sure the model has a flat base and can be printed without support structures.
- We have about 10-15 minutes to print the model, so scale it, hollow it out etc to make sure it can be done in a short time.
- Test your work on an Ultimaker 2 (or similar), and post some pictures of the results.
We're looking for small, attractive objects for different types of visitors: 3D designers, business people, fashion people and consumers in general.
If we select your work you'll be fully credited of course, so this is a good opportunity to promote your company or services!
Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions! I'll monitor this conversation during the weekend too.