Sketchfab 3D Scanning Challenge: Nature

Nature is everywhere and this month, in partnership with Agisoft Metashape, we challenge you to scan it. Anything natural qualifies, from the great outdoors to a humble houseplant.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

3 Likes

Hi there.

Quick question, can I upload multiple entries into the Agisoft nature challenge?

Regards,

Alexei

Yes, multiple entries are fine :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your response

Hello,
Thomas Flynn wrote this under the announcement:

No you should not tweak or edit the 3D model beyond the reconstruction in Metashape (although you can decimate, bake normal + occlusion maps from inside Metashape if you want to)

Does this mean that the cleanup tools within Metashape are off limits too ? (such as: smooth mesh, fill holes, manual selection, discarding unwanted parts after selecting them, dense cloud filtering by confidence etc)
Or does this only apply to third party editing tools (such as ZBrush, Maya, etc) ?

You can use any of the tools that Metashape provides (smooth mesh, fill holes, etc.) but you cannot make use of external editing tools (Blender, ZBrush, Maya, etc.). :+1:

Perfect, thanks for the answer !

I was asking because I did some cleanup on my Spider Crab entry, but only within Metashape (which was quite a challenge :wink: ). Some details are still not as good as I hoped ; once the challenge is over I’ll probably try to improve the result using external software.

1 Like

That looks great! We were both inspired by crabs. :slight_smile: