Sketchfab Collection on Museum Gallery Interactive - anyone done it?

Hello,

Here at the Manx National Heritage on the Isle of Man we’re looking at how we can deliver a Collection of models from our channel manxnationalheritage (@manxnationalheritage) - Sketchfab onto a gallery wifi-enabled public interactive. We want our gallery visitors to enjoy the models on Sketchfab using a touchscreen interactive whilst being absolutely sure we’ve locked-down the interactive to viewing these models only.

Has anyone else done this or have ideas on how we might make it happen?

Thanks,

Jude

(Jude Dicken, Collections Information Manager, Manx National Heritage)

1 Like

Hi @manxnationalheritage !

Welcome to the forum.

I think the easiest way to achieve that would be to embed the content you want in a page you control. For example, create a collection of the models you want to show, and embed it as a playlist.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice on this, we’ll give that a try. We have a WordPress website where we can easily create a new page and embed a playlist, sounds ideal.

Cheers again, Jude.

1 Like

Hi @manxnationalheritage if you are already using wordpress I would recommend you look at the open source project just released by the National Museums of Sweden.

It’s a plugin that let’s you create full screen 3D interactives with custom, multilingual annotations:

Be aware that you remove the blue Sketchfab link in the bottom left of any embed required a Business subscription (there is a 50% discount for cultural heritage projects).

Hello - we’ve noticed at the top left of the Playlist there’s a link to view the model on the Sketchfab website which when clicked moves a user out of the Playlist and into the main Sketchfab website.

Is there a way we can remove this link and totally keep the user in the Playlist?

Thanks, Jude.

Thanks for highlighting that project in Sweden. We have already embedded Sketchfab into our iMuseum WordPress website working with our designer Gooii, here’s an example:

We love this and we may look at how we use this in the gallery interactive - though we would need to remove the links that appear when you scroll down the record as this will let views leave the 3D model and explore iMuseum more widely - not what we want for the gallery interactive where we want users to stay on the Manx Crosses 3D models.

Cheers, Jude.

Thanks for sharing the link to the imuseum - very nice and I’ve added to my big list of “how people are using Sketchfab for cultural heritage

As mentioned in previous post, to remove the blue Sketchfab link in the bottom left of any embed (as well as the other model information and links) required a Business subscription (there is a 50% discount for cultural heritage projects).