Sketchfab Editor Presets (Scene, Lights, Post-Processing Filters, Materials)

No solution yet? I did use this add-on a lot and it saved me a lot of time setting up Sketchfab-scenes.

To be honest I didn’t know it was working as recently as it was. No one has maintained it, it was more of an experiment.

We know we need to implement a proper Presets feature, and it’s near the top of our feature request todo list. However, it’s a really complicated topic and we are still working on some infrastructure changes that are prerequisites.

I (or someone else :wink: ) will need to take a look at the user script to see if we can get it working again. It’s really just clicking buttons in the editor for you, so maybe a object or class name changed…

2 Likes

Oh !
So I will have to wait with the publication of new models until the script starts working again; (

Please note that this is not an officially supported project, so we can’t guarantee it will work again. James said he’ll look at it, but we can’t be sure he’ll succeed or when.

1 Like

I know. So why don’t you just make it official :slight_smile: It’s very handy and time saving tool. Time is money.
regards

James already mentioned that:

2 Likes

any updates on this (unofficial) topic?
any links to the most recent working fork?
could REALLY use this instead of redoing my materials every time i update a model.
thanks!

Ok, I finally took a look and it seems the fix was much simpler than I thought… :woman_facepalming:

You can install the latest version as described in the updated first post :point_up_2:, or here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PadreZippo/sketchfab-editor-presets/master/user.js

2 Likes

Wow,
finally! thank you! I’d say I love you but you know … :smile:

1 Like