Sketchfab July Challenge: Fairy Tale

Hi. I want to know… Has to be a classic fairy tale disneyish like (yes, I just write that word) or can be a… lets say… a Charles Dickens, or Jules Verne scene?

1 Like

Suitability for real-time refers to the extent to which your model is optimized for display on Sketchfab. That is, does it load quickly and look good in real-time?

It can be any sort of fairy tale. I don’t think that Dickens or Verne would qualify. For reference (from Wikipedia):

A fairy tale, fairytale, wonder tale, magic tale, or Märchen is an instance of a folklore genre that takes the form of a short story. Such stories typically feature entities such as dwarfs, dragons, elves, fairies, giants, gnomes, goblins, griffins, mermaids, talking animals, trolls, unicorns, or witches, and usually magic or enchantments. In most cultures, there is no clear line separating myth from folk or fairy tale; all these together form the literature of preliterate societies. Fairy tales may be distinguished from other folk narratives such as legends (which generally involve belief in the veracity of the events described) and explicit moral tales, including beast fables.

Exciting! I’ve been on a low-mood for creating something for the longest time, this seems really exciting!

1 Like

J’aime énormément ce thème ^^ ! J’ai juste une question : doit-on obligatoirement réaliser une scène du conte, ou est-ce que faire, par exemple, le buste d’un des personnages compte ? Merci !

Could it be an Asian fairy tale (Japan, Vietnam …)?

A scene is ideal, but you can certainly make a bust.

Yes, that’s fine.

1 Like

Here my entry to the fairy tale challenge.
I find the comics of the little trashmermaid very inspiring, since the topic is still very relevant.
It´s Arielle 3.0 in a way :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m throwing something here as well! Based on trolls in Swedish folk lore!

3 Likes

Mixing The Princess and the Frog and The Frog Prince

1 Like

I’ve created two version of the same fairy tale scene for the Challenge:

1 Like

Hello everyone, this is my model for the fairy tale challenge.Hope you all like this.

3 Likes

Decided to take a crack at this challenge. It quickly wanted to become more. So we have my family’s hedgehog, Terra, attempting to pull the Sword from the Stone.

4 Likes

Here my entry to the fairy tale challenge.
This character is designed for printing on a 3D printer, so he has some special features. And there are no texures. If I have time before the end of the challenge, I will make the textures and base stand

3 Likes

Hi to everybody
This is the first time that I participate in a challenge, I am quite new to modelling and 3D in general, but here is my entry

Hi everyone!
My entry:

Ill_Drakon - Very good sculpt, man!
Harderevive - Hi! Well done!

2 Likes

Here’s my entry :duck:

3 Likes

Hello. Here is my entry to the fairy-tale challenge.
First one of many from the “childhood ruined” collection.

You told stories and stories within stories. Nice work, everyone! :mermaid: :prince: :rose:

And the winners are...

Third Place

"Love the idea and how he transformed the fairy tale in a more modern tone while keeping the core element of Ariel the collector " - Alex (@dark_minaz)

Second Place

“Great character posing, expressions, 3D composition, lighting, and materials make for a very evocative scene.” - Tom (@nebulousflynn)

First Place

“I’m not sure if this is an actual fairy tale, but all the elements seem to fit: danger, magic, nature. Really nice work with a lot to explore.” - Bart (@bartv)

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for picking me =) I am super excited and grateful about this. Only thing is i am a “she” and not a “he” ^^

Cheers Caro!

2 Likes