Sketchfab July Challenge: Fairy Tale

Romance! Adventure! Treachery! This month we join GameTextures.com in challenging you to create a fairy tale scene using your preferred tools and workflow—modeling, sculpting, scanning, low poly, voxels, kitbashing…you pick.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the blog announcement:

1 Like

I have a question about the challenge. Can you elaborate on what you mean by “suitability for real-time?” I don’t understand what that means.

Hi. I want to know… Has to be a classic fairy tale disneyish like (yes, I just write that word) or can be a… lets say… a Charles Dickens, or Jules Verne scene?

Suitability for real-time refers to the extent to which your model is optimized for display on Sketchfab. That is, does it load quickly and look good in real-time?

It can be any sort of fairy tale. I don’t think that Dickens or Verne would qualify. For reference (from Wikipedia):

A fairy tale, fairytale, wonder tale, magic tale, or Märchen is an instance of a folklore genre that takes the form of a short story. Such stories typically feature entities such as dwarfs, dragons, elves, fairies, giants, gnomes, goblins, griffins, mermaids, talking animals, trolls, unicorns, or witches, and usually magic or enchantments. In most cultures, there is no clear line separating myth from folk or fairy tale; all these together form the literature of preliterate societies. Fairy tales may be distinguished from other folk narratives such as legends (which generally involve belief in the veracity of the events described) and explicit moral tales, including beast fables.

Exciting! I’ve been on a low-mood for creating something for the longest time, this seems really exciting!

1 Like

J’aime énormément ce thème ^^ ! J’ai juste une question : doit-on obligatoirement réaliser une scène du conte, ou est-ce que faire, par exemple, le buste d’un des personnages compte ? Merci !

Could it be an Asian fairy tale (Japan, Vietnam …)?

A scene is ideal, but you can certainly make a bust.

Yes, that’s fine.

1 Like

Here my entry to the fairy tale challenge.
I find the comics of the little trashmermaid very inspiring, since the topic is still very relevant.
It´s Arielle 3.0 in a way :slight_smile: