Sketchfab May Challenge: Sci-Fi Circus Sculpting

Another WIP, got the pose sorted out, need to go over and fix up some of the areas that got deformed and then do a final detail pass.
Also need to add the clothing back in, not sure if im convinced with what i had previously. I also need to add some more detail to the fabric.
Would love any feedback.

4 Likes

hi to all! maybe i’m a bit in late :sweat_smile:
Anyway my idea is to tell a short story throughout these two trapeze artists in a classic moment of catch. In a future where technology has grown more and more, the difference between virtual and reality is getting thinner. A woman wants to risk more to surprise the audience and throws herself towards an hologram man…

I started from a stylized base mesh

1 Like

Hi~ c:
I was just wondering if we need to include our process here or somewhere else? I just stumbled across this thread and noticed that a lot of people are sharing their work. The sculpt I’m working on is almost done but I do have screenshots of the process if I need to include them somewhere. Thanks!

2 Likes

gahhhhhh… way to big for a free account (the blend file with pngs and animations was 150mg) changing to jpgs and striping the animation (didn’t know what it would do with the “child of” constraint anyway) got it down to 67meg… So, still model it is…
A test render of the animation is at https://youtu.be/ZzfKo8PjMtE
no idea how to embed the model in here but it should be at…
https://skfb.ly/6SLYn

Just finished my second entry for the contest! This time, I gave this elephant alien more eyes instead of the other submission.

4 Likes

png works better with sketchfab, jpeg sometimes causes artifacts in viewport… you can upload only the model with animation, and then upload texture in 3d setting… the mb limit is only for the first upload step…

3 Likes

HI,
hello every one ! I’m new to SketchFab,I want to participate in this challenge too,

the plan is to make a pyro related performer, based on traditional fire dancers in Sri lanka, in a nice dynamic pose , brought up to the sci fi realm
bellow is my reference.

3 Likes

I’m excited to be participating in this challenge with all of you folks! I aim to push my real-time modeling workflow and improve along side you all.

Here’s a silhouette of my characters, An Alien Animal Handler and his pet. I find it important to focus on nailing the large forms first, readability is key.

bkost_Silhouette

2 Likes
...That's Beautiful....
Thank you

Yesterday was the first time I ever uploaded anything to sketchfab, and now I can see how to implement that advice...

How does sketchfab deal with the "child of" constraint in blender? ie changeing parent linkages so a character can pick stuff up?

if I am not in error, sketchfab don’t handle object parenting, but only bone/joint parenting… so if you rig all object that interact between them you can animate and then bake all

I dont think its necessary, just if you wanted to get feedback/thoughts on what you are working on. Sometimes you can get some really good feedback on your design which you may have not considered.

Thanks for the reply! Will post it then, critique is always appreciated c:

helloo, great work guys ! i can see some well designed creatures out there , here is a zbrush screen grab from my entry hope you like it , any comments would be much appreciated :smiley:
you can see the full 3d scene here Intergalactic sci-fi Circus - Buy Royalty Free 3D model by zeyadibrahim000 (@zeyadibrahim000) [7ace8bf] - Sketchfab Store

4 Likes

Hi!, this is my entry.

Process:
Zbrush sculpted.

Dominant species
40 millons polys

“the others”…
11 millons polys

Retopology in Zbrush by retopo brush.

40 millons>10k

11 millons>4k

Uvs, rigging, blend shapes and animation in 3Dmax.

Maked textures in Substance painter.

Mixing betewns hand painted and PBR aspect.

10 Likes

Here is my entry
Hope you like it :smiley:

2 Likes

I finished up my sculpt. It was a lot of fun getting back into sculpting.
I think i maybe could have pushed the silhouette a bit more but i didnt want to spend too much longer on reworking it. I might play around a bit more with the scene/textures if i find some time. Would love to hear peoples thoughts.
Good luck to everyone else, some amazing entries so far.

4 Likes

Hey ! I’m in ! :upside_down_face:
I am working on a space kaiju juggler. Almost textured, I am going to pose it today.

5 Likes

Sweet mood ! :candy:

1 Like

Thanks @flyingfoxworkshop :smile:

Hi everyone! Since the lion is one of the most popular circus animals I decided to give him sci-fi wings and that way make him a winged lion so the audience in the future can see one of those mythological creatures in real life. It’s still WIP, though the lion itself is done, I obviously need to add a harness to hold the wings and that way tie the sci-fi and non sci-fi elements together. Been working on this for almost two weeks so any c&c are appreciated since I’ve been looking at it for too long and might have missed something. Everything is done in my favorite sculpting software. Thanks!

Wings inspired by Mercy from Overwatch (yep I main her). :smile:

8 Likes