Sketchfab Modeling Challenge: Robot

We’ve teamed up with challenge prize provider Sony Electronics Inc. on this robot modeling challenge, which aims to take your artistic talent and technical skill to their limits. We want to see robots that are innovative, futuristic, and unique.

Full rules and prize details can be found in the challenge announcement:

2 Likes

Bit of a bummer that it’s restricted to US/Canada as it is a pretty nice theme for a modelling challenge, good luck to anyone participating though, hoping to still see cool stuff!

4 Likes

I already asked this in discord but I was very excited: If I am not in the country, someone else can count for me. a friend who is in my house or someone in my family counts to be able to participate in the contest. and finally, multiple robot designs (inputs) can be submitted.

1 Like

@Rafael_Vieira We’ll hope you’ll participate in one of our future challenges. :slight_smile:

@unitedspacenation231 You (not family or friends, unfortunately) must reside in the US or Canada in order to enter the competition. Sketchfab 3D Robot Modeling Challenge Contest Official Rules – Robot Modeling Challenge

Can’t wait for new robot challenge without territorial boundaries :grinning:

5 Likes

same here, was initially excited about the contest only to discover I can’t enter.

maybe only email those who are eligible next time?

1 Like

Our next challenges will definitely be worldwide again :+1:

The location limits for this challenge were stipulated by the prize provider.

A fair point!

The email was a ‘regular’ community newsletter sent out to the whole community and included other news as well.

Not everyone adds location data to their profile but I have shared your feedback with the team here.

1 Like

Feeling sad too as not elligible to enter, though I can understand since the prizes include real (non-digital) things.

A bit of suggestion, considering not all users share their country/location, adding something like “[US only]” in the header/title could be easy solution to help inform the reader beforehand. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A good suggestion, thanks!

We’ll remember for the future but do not currently intend to run more region locked challenges :+1:

I read this in the rules and had a question about this:

All submitted materials become the property of Promoter and will not be returned to entrant (collectively “Submissions”).

If my model will become the property of Sony, should I not be making the final entry free to download?

I should probably turn downloadable off I presume…
Yea hmmm… you guys should write that in the rules up top somewhere. lol
I think it conflicts with Sketchfab’s free model license.

As noted on Discord, we’ve removed that line from the rules. :slight_smile:

1 Like