Sketchfab Operations

We update our website almost every week. Sometimes a new release requires a database migration and we have to enter Maintenance Mode - no uploading, re-uploading, deleting, editing, etc.

We're a small team, so unexpected delays and hot fixes can happen - we don't always know exactly when Maintenance Mode will start.

That said, we'll try to send out a warning as early as possible when we know it's coming. That's where this thread comes in...

Subscribe to this thread to receive updates

Would you like to receive an email when we post here? Scroll to the bottom of this page, click the 'Tracking' button and change it to 'Watching'. That's all!

No commenting on this thread

We disabled commenting to keep this thread compact.

Scheduled Maintenance

Thursday, 17 March 2015 | 08:00 – 12:00 GMT

Known Email Issues

There are on-going issues with our email server, including password resets and email confirmations. This will be resolved as soon as possible.

Known Issues Across Site

[Update]: We've rolled back today's release. 503 errors should be gone, and processing queues are recovering. There may be lingering cache issues (settings and actions not saved correctly).

There are on-going issues and very heavy loads on our servers. You might experience long model processing waits and errors on certain pages, for example when resetting your password or logging in.

Please bear with us! We are actively investigating and working on the problem.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience :cold_sweat:

Website Change Log
(Bart) #6

Scheduled Maintenance

Wednesday, 18 January 2017 | 04:00-10:00 GMT (see international times here)

Known Issue

[Update]: Transparency / Material issues should be solved.

There is a bug related to transparency / alpha textures. We have a fix coming in the next release (early next week).

Known Issue

We are experiencing problems with thumbnail generation (i.e. "Save View"). We are investigating and hope to have this solved soon.

Known Issue

[Update]: Fixed.

Publish button is not working. Fix ETA: today
If urgent, PM me.

Website Down

[Update]: And we're back...

We are actively working to resolve this.

Known Issue

[Update]: Processing should now be back to normal. We are monitoring the situation and implementing failsafes to prevent this kind of failure in the future. However, we are not able to rescue the models that got stuck. They have all been set to the “Failed” status, and will need to be re-uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[Update]: Our fix didn’t work, but we believe we’ve isolated the issue. Models are processing, but very slowly.

[Update]: Processing new uploads is working. Tomorrow we hope to trigger re-processing on models that got stuck.

[Update]: We have shipped a fix and we are monitoring the situation.

Model processing is stalled. We are working feverishly :hammer_and_wrench: :sweat:

Please help me i can't download my own stuff!
Extremely long upload today Jan 23

Scheduled Maintenance

On Monday, 11 June 2018, we will be performing maintenance on our database. Site availability should not be affected, but you may experience slightly degraded performance for several hours.

Update: the database maintenance has been completed without any noticeable performance impact on the site.