Sketchfab Weekly, Jan 31: 'Potion'

Today’s Sketchfab Weekly prompt is ‘Potion’.

Create a 3D model based on this prompt, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge.

Feel free to post a link to your model in this thread, and use the #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge hashtag if you want to share your entries on social media, too.

To see a list of all the prompts so far and full terms of submission, visit sketchfab.com/blogs/community/sketchfab-weekly/

5 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Weekly challenge is a fun idea, I’d love to participate!

2 Likes

6 Likes

This looks interesting, but I don’t get the potion part. Maybe it’s just me though and i miss something?

I can see why you’d think that; it’s a reference to a viral YouTube video that I linked in the description. :sweat_smile:

A bit tangential, but they’re only prompts, not strict constraints.

1 Like

I thought I was late with this but I see people still submitting, I uploaded this originally on Friday, and thought I was late but saw it appear in the challenge list, well may as well post here too.
Wanted to focus my entry on the potion itself rather then the bottle or scene.
Using a variety of effects here, the milky/shifting liquid effect is using something I made before, which is placed inside a simple gradient liquid layer.
The bubbles rising to give the impression of vigor in the potion, additional bubbles breaking on the surface to give the impression of a slow simmer/boil
Inside the top of the bottle is nestled two layers using an alpha noise texture to give the impression of vapor at the top of the bottle, both layers are rotating slowly in the opposite direction as each other.
There is a very very slight caustic effect on the ground to give the impression that the moving liquid is emitting light onto the ground, this is done with two alpha textures rotating in the opposite direction as each other.
The label is using slight bit of dithered opacity to make it a bit translucent so the light and motion of the liquid can be seen through the label ever so slightly.

Best viewed in fullscreen mode. Probably not ideal for mobile devices.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for this topic - for me it was a great joy to brew a few potions these long winter evenings :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ahh okay I see now. It really had me confused…

Right you are sir!

6 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

This is my model for the first week of the #SketchfabWeeklyChallenge
I hope you like Pep’s Potion machine and enjoy discovering the details!
Feedback is welcome to help me to improve my skills :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Late, but it is completed.
Hope you like it :smiley:

4 Likes

Here was my submission last week, & also first upload to Sketchfab :smiley:
Hopefully I can embed the viewer properly now haha

5 Likes

once again attempt to learn drawing)

4 Likes

Potion @maxartist

4 Likes

Everyone has done so well with their potions! really great to see so many imaginative designs!

2 Likes