[Solved] Help with creation of fishing nets

model
3d

(Lorenzoderijcke) #1

Hi, there for a project I'm currently working on I wanted to create some fishing net decorations for one of the buildings I have. The project can be found here: https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/smugglers-den-w-i-p/9148

My goal is to create fishing nets that are drying while hanging on a rack or wall. but I'm not sure how to model such geometry that would be convincing, I don't want to model each individual rope (due to perfomance issues that this might give).

Reference

Also for reference of placement on my model I included this:

The nets will be placed on the left side of the main building. (next to the 2 barrels on the side of the building)

Any help or suggestion on how to create these are welcome.

(Lorenzoderijcke) #2

Hi all.

Right now I have something along the lines of this. but I want to create a pile of nets at the base of the hanging one as well.

cheers.

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #3

If You Use Blender Make A Cloth-ish Looking Plain And Give It The Wireframe Modifier

BLAM! You Got Messy Rope

(Lorenzoderijcke) #4

Thank you for the suggestion @nihal.rahman.nahin.

is there any comparable tool in Maya to create that desired effect ?
(since I'm using Autodesk maya for this project.)

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #5

Okey As I Dont Know Maya, You Can Make A Simple Base Plain Roughly The Base Shape Of Your Desired Rope "Formation", Then You Can Make Make A :Transperency Texture, Use That On Sketchfab, You Got Yourself A Rope,

Dont Forget To UV unwrap The Rope Plain, Or The Texture Wont Work

Mask Texture Should be in A .PNG or .TGA Format, Or Any Transparent Format Sketchfab Supports