Sketchfab Forum

[Solved] Morphing not working

(Hdvdeargentina) #1

Hi, Sketchfab! I have a problem with my last uploaded model:

Animation test, shape keys not working by hdvdeargentina on Sketchfab

Made in Blender. It have armature and shape keys (morphing). I can see the armature working, but not the shape keys that make him blink, open his mouth, move his tongue, etc.
It's not my first upload, I have other animations working without any problem. I have no idea what happened with this one, even Blender is in the same version.
Any idea?
Here is the .blend file, you can see it working:
https://mega.nz/#!WMhAlajL!GaSv0LhGTJjFQdeeKljqJduzjAD4COAvsNYIUqDcG9I

Check the original animation in Youtube:

If I remember correctly (cc @waleguene ) , Blender does not properly export morph targets to FBX.

However, we just (this morning) released support for native .blend animations. You could try that?

(Hdvdeargentina) #3

It's working! Thanks, guys!

Human Head: Pogodan [morph+rig][Finished] by hdvdeargentina on Sketchfab

By the way, the beard looks a bit weird when he opens his mouth (check the metacap version), maybe it's my fault while adding the shape keys (the morphing), I don't know.
Another little detail: if the rigging animation ends and the shape keys are still doing something in the timeline, te animation ends with the last armature keyframe, ignoring the end frame. I moved his head a bit to prevent that.
I still didn't tried uploading another animated .blend files, these observations are only about this model.
Thanks again for the native support for .blend animations :smile:

beard looks a bit weird when he opens his mouth (check the metacap version)

Hmm yeah, that is a bit strange. I don't know what's causing it.

if the rigging animation ends and the shape keys are still doing something in the timeline, te animation ends with the last armature keyframe, ignoring the end frame.

Not sure about this either, I leave it to @waleguene @stephomi :wink:

Ok, so I guess there are still issues to fix with blender morph :smile:

(Moroplogo) #6

@james It's a good news !

(Hdvdeargentina) #7

Is there a thread to report bugs and other things related with animated .blend files?
I was making some tests, maybe it can help to detect them.
For example:
- the modifier "Subdivision surface" is not working with my animated .blend files. With static ones there's no problem.
-The weird effect with the beard in the animation is happening with other animations with shape keys (morphing), in my last test the effect was visible in the whole object. Static .blend files are affected too.
- objects animated using armature only have no problems.
- static .blend files with shape keys in use have the same weird effect, but if those are all 0.0 (disabled) the model shows properly.
- The object constraint "Child of" is not working with bones, but it works fine if the target is an object.
I hope it can help in some way.
(Sorry for my bad english)

(Waleguene) #8

Hi @hdvdeargentina,

Thanks for this detailed report!
We just started a thread about Blender animation here to ask users to test it and give feedbacks. You can post yours there, or anything you have about Blender support :smile: It will be very helpful for us!

To answer about your points:

• the modifier "Subdivision surface" is not working with my animated .blend files. With static ones there's no problem.

Yeah, if your mesh has shapekeys, modifier cannot be applied to it. On Sketchfab we need to perform this operation in our processing. We don't handle this for now, but it is logged on our side. Maybe we will be able to improve this

-The weird effect with the beard in the animation is happening with other animations with shape keys (morphing), in my last test the effect was visible in the whole object. Static .blend files are affected too.
- static .blend files with shape keys in use have the same weird effect, but if those are all 0.0 (disabled) the model shows properly.

This effect is due to a normal generation issue on morph targets. Also logged :smile: we are working on it.

• The object constraint "Child of" is not working with bones, but it works fine if the target is an object.
    I hope it can help in some way.

Constraints should be supported, but there are certainly some unhandled cases. Thanks for this, I note it!

Thanks a lot for these tests!