I just setup most of my model for VR and tested them with the Vive and Chromium. It is very cool!
I know it is in its early stages but here are some suggestions for improvements:
- Scaling should not be capped, 20 was still not small enough for some of my models. (See my Wonders of the World models)
- There should be 2 sizes for the viewer to choose from: first real human size and then giant size to view the whole scene. It is great to view scenes as real sized so you can take in the whole scale as well being a giant to see the whole scene like you regulary do in Sketchfab. Letting the viewer scale it any size is also great, you could look at Tiltbrush or UE4 in editor VR for how it can be done.
- Floor Height should not be capped, For most of my models I would have to make it higher then 0 which is not even possible. (I often use a sky sphere around the model) A elevator control for the viewer would also be great, motion sickness should be much less problematic vertically and alternatively it could be incremental height teleportation
- Annotations should be default off, they break immersion and they don't work good navigation wise anyway. I also encountered a bug where I could not turn them off anymore, when I click on annotations options it only gave me a back button in the sub menu.
- Browsing Sketchfab inside VR would be great but I assume that is a huge undertaking.
- Something for pausing and playing animations inside VR would be nice.