#SoundWIP2017 “The entrance to the Tomb”

sound
animation
3d

(Francoisespagnet) #1

Hi, I'm not sure to finish my Subway project so, I made a new with a 2 days deadline.
Today I have accomplish a great part of the work.

Light animation is only on the eyes
Traditionally in common modern render software lights bounce on the object and a large part of elements like the face are lighting by them self. In the Sketcfab's PBR light doesn't bounce like in Cycles ( the Blender render engine)
(Scene rendered in Blender Cycles)

I use multiple spots to lighting in Skechfab
Tomorrow i made the sound and the animation

#SoundOfArt2017 “The entrance to the Tomb”
#SoundWIP2017 "Subway's lights"
About the The Sound of Your Art Contest category
(Francoisespagnet) #2

This is more complicated than I think for lighting.... So I confirm, I'll finish this project but not the other.
Some Sketchfab limitations make the work harder.

You can see here a test of fading light animation :
The pink part is caused by a problem related to the chromatic ablation
I need to use 2 lights because more the angle of the spot is large bigger the grain is.
Password : LightTest

(Francoisespagnet) #3

I can import only 3 lights on Sketchfab
:confused: :frowning: :cry: :sob:

(Francoisespagnet) #4

1) LIGHTING

In my last post you can see the majority of modelling is here. Maybe I had few elements later.
But now to improve the lighting I bake lights from blender.
Ambient lights are bake with Cycle in different 1024px maps. I'm helping with an addon named BakeTool
Here I use 7 images. One image contain multiple objects.

I had already use this technique but with more complexity. For this project I use only shadows.

(A project using colors and shadows)

(a veiw of ambients lights)

For the 3 lights I can use in Sketchfab, I think I use what I have done in the last post.
So now...

but when you see the file....

oooo god...let's retry

2) ANIMATION

At start animation was my priority but with the difficulties I had with my tests, It's become the last step of my project.

3) SOUND

For this project I think to use my voice in multiple channels and make some creepy sounds ^^
Just a strange breath for the 3D sound place on the face.

(Francoisespagnet) #5

Today I work on the sound. I use Cubase for some music compositions (my SoundCloud).
For this project I record my voice

My bathroom become a recording studio

(Francoisespagnet) #6

Oups !

(Francoisespagnet) #7

A little preview of my work for the sound

(Francoisespagnet) #8

An other day for the sound....
Today : Mixing !

(Chaitanyak) #9

this is going to be epic!!

(Francoisespagnet) #10

I finished the sound today . Now I animate some eyes in the darkness

(Francoisespagnet) #11

Some bones....

(Francoisespagnet) #12

I prepare something like a sprite sheet for the animation of the eyes

(Francoisespagnet) #13

Sound

Today I make the sound of a door and the walk of the monster
My instruments :slight_smile:
This is a door...

This is a walk...

The sound of my project is in two parts :

• The voice of the god / lord It go in 3D space of Sketchfab
  • The ambient sound compose of : music voices, monster voices, protagonist voice, and others sounds

For this last I spatialised every elements. I use a VST to simulate the position :

Animation

I finished this animation last night (GMT+1 ^^) and I think it's not perfect but not bad. I am not sure if lights animation works.

Baking lights

I make a test with Marmoset and find some bugs. I try to make new lightmaps later.

(Francoisespagnet) #14

Day 666

I am always alone in this strange place. Nobody here, nolife.Sometime I forget why I am here, I am hanging around like zombie. It is when I see these strange writings, these X Y Z. I remember this is for here.

My eyes got used to the darkness. The shapes are still vague in my eyes. I can see some strange cube and sharp geometrys. I do not know if I'm gonna make it. I don't know where but I go...
I think I have food for one day but no more and the end is near.

Day 667

I see a strange door named "Sketchfab" maybe a sacrifice room. After some minutes to push the door I entered in a large white chamber. I was impressed, so white, so glossy. I have read something about that in some old manuscript.
This strange place have many slots and all have a name. During my travel found some artefacts, I think, I must put them in the slots, but how ?

Day 668

After understand how works artefacts and place them the room become like other room, grey and sharp edges. I began to hear some sounds. That's very strange... There is a big face a the bottom.

Day 669

The room is alive ! Alive !

Day 680

My sweet little room is hill... I don't know what to do.
Her eyes move strangely, sound have not the same place when I return.
Sometime I don't know why the sound is not at the same time as the objects move. When I walk my sounds don't follow me.

If you are wondering why I write this with my wonderful english. My answer is : my computer bake...

(Dark Minaz) #15

Love the detailed work in progress steps.
Someone sure knows what to do with sound .. i kind of used cat sounds from the internet after trying to record on my terrible phone for 2 days without getting a cat to make meow without background noises ...

(Nathanwondrak) #16

That is some epic sound recording gear and software, inspiring stuff!

(Francoisespagnet) #17

Animate fade-in / fade-out of eyes with spritsheet don't work...
So I only make a on/off with light. I mask them and animate the mask.

Sometime I have some lags and audio channels are unsynchronized.
I try to optimize at maximum my scene.

(Francoisespagnet) #18

Finished !
Actually my model is in private and I wait some feedback from friends and family.

(Engine9) #19

Wow! Nice work.

Deadline is extended so feel free to take a little bit more time! :slight_smile: This is awesome work!