Squash-Face WIP

contest
3d

(Lorenzoderijcke) #1

Hi all decided to give that 123Sculpt + a try again. :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems that this contest would be a good opportunity.

I want to create a pumpkin head. like the ones featured in many folklore and fantasy books and games.
(a.k.a the headless horseman, etc.) :slight_smile:

so good luck to the other contestants :slight_smile:

Cheers :slight_smile:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #2

4 out of 5 times the texture displays like this in the viewer and 3d settings but sometimes it displays correctly.
any clue how to fix this ?

I imported the .obj into 3D software and assigned the texture to the model and exported the model as a .fbx then the model displays correctly in the editor, but as soon as the changes are saved and the model is viewed on the website I get the distorted view again.

(Adam Beamish) #3

Great to see you join in with the challenge! I look forward to see how this progresses!

As for the shattered texture. Do you mean when you add the texture from 123D Sculpt+ it looks like a jigsaw puzzle? If so then this is how the texture is generated and exported from Sculpt+. It is usually called an atlas UV map. It can be very difficult to edit in another 2d art program. See the Halloween Challenge for a comment from me on a workaround for this problem. Once you get use to doing it this way it becomes easy. Sort of!

I always export Using the obj file option. Your model looks Okay to me. But sometimes models may not load correctly and the webpage may need to be refreshed. If it happens again try and take a screen grab. :slight_smile:

(Adam Beamish) #4

1 day left to get your entry finished for the Halloween Challenge! :slight_smile: