Sketchfab Forum

Star Wars Contest 2015 : 3D princess Leia, the first hologram! (finished)

(Kyan0s) #1

Hello folks !

The themes of this contest are fantastic so I wish to participate :D.

@bartv I have a question, I think I will choose the Episode IV - 3D princess Leia, the first hologram, but, is that the reference scene should be one where Luke discovers the message but where he can't access the completeness of it, or can we have the choice of an another scene ? For example Luke, Obi Wan and co. who discover the complete message ?

May the force be with all the participants !

(Kyan0s) #2

Here a W.I.P. of the R2D2 :

(Bart) #3

Welcome on board mate! I'm going to enjoy seeing you work :smile:

(Kyan0s) #4

Thank you @bartv ! :smile:

(Kyan0s) #5

R2D2 the holoprojector :smile: :

(Kyan0s) #6

I took a little break in the modeling of R2D2 to begin the main character of my scene : Leia Organa.

Here a W.I.P. :

W.I.P. #1 Leia Organa by Kyan0s on Sketchfab

(Kyan0s) #7

The following of my modeling of the Princess Leia :

Now I must to think about how to make her sleeves which are very loose, and that I dread to rig :confused:

(Kyan0s) #8

Finally I have found a way to make the sleeves and to rig it. :smile:

The W.I.P. :

W.I.P. #2 Leia Organa by Kyan0s on Sketchfab

(Kyan0s) #9

Here a W.I.P. of my R2D2 :

W.I.P. #1 R2D2 by Kyan0s on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #10

Both R2 and Leia look cool already :smile:

(Kyan0s) #11

Thank you @jason_ivens ! :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #12

R2 look amazing, love the fact that you made almost everything out of 1 object for the base. (yeah matcap +wireframe stalking .. gotta love sketchfab for that g)
leia looks a bit to "cartoonish" for me, fits the animation movie more than the original, mostly due to the face i guess.

somehow i want to add a r2d2 to my scene now.

(Kyan0s) #13

Thanks @dark_minaz !

Yes this feature is really cool, especially to see how a model is built and to learn how the others artists work. It's really interresting. :smiley:

Yep I like to work my model with the less elements as possible ^^).

Else my idea was to make the hologram scene with a cartoon style, without copying the animation. Actually I wanted to put my "style" : The humanoids characters with a cartoonish style and the remains "realistic", but for c3po a style between realistic and cartoonish. :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #14

ah okay,i just thought a detailed robot and a princess in a cartoon style won't fit that well. But well we will see in the end. with a hologram style it might works even better.
Still not sure how i should make my blue holo thing yet, so i am quite interested to see how it turns out with your version.

So you are going the "clone wars" way. Hope you make c3po look better than in the show :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kyan0s) #15

I have a doubt now :smile: . Maybe should I modify it with a lattice modifier... I would take a decision when I will have all the scene complete . :smile:

Else I not sur either how to make the hologram effect lol. I'll make some tests.

I have not seen the series "clone wars" but I have just watched the aspect of c3po in the show, and i hope too to do better lol :confounded:

(Marcoloreto) #16

I'm really really liking the cartoony style. She looks amazing :blush:

(Kyan0s) #17

Thanks @marcoloreto ! :smile:

Here the following of the W.I.P. of R2D2

W.I.P. #2 R2D2 by Kyan0s on Sketchfab

(Bart) #18

Oops sorry, I had't seen your question yet. Both scenes are ok!

(Kyan0s) #19

lol no problem @bartv :smile: . Thanks !

Ok so I'll choose the scene depending on my time, at the beginning I have decided to made the second scene with Obi Wan, I'll decide after I modeled Luke and especially C3PO which will take a lot of time :confounded:

(Kyan0s) #20

I have textured my character of Leia so I can do now some tests to create the hologram effect. ^^)

W.I.P. #3 Leia Organa by Kyan0s on Sketchfab