Sketchfab Forum

Star Wars Contest 2015: Attack of the Clones: Yoda vs Dooku Animation

(Snoringeagle) #1

Even though it's a relatively short fight, seeing Grand Master Yoda take on a Sith Lord for the first time in film left a big impression on my young mind. As such, I've decided to do a short animation from the opening of that duel. I think it was effects supervisor Rob Coleman who said that the duel between Yoda and Count Dooku starts as kind of a Western-style standoff, with Yoda slowly pulling his cloak back to reach his gun (lightsaber).

(Bart) #2

Cool, welcome on board! Please keep an eye on the official contest forum thread and be sure to 'watch' it so you'll receive notifications (instructions are on the forum):

(Snoringeagle) #3

Here's the start of Yoda. The base meshes are made in Maya 2016. The next step is to sculpt a hi res model in Zbrush, then retopologize in Topogun.

(Snoringeagle) #4

Here's the start of Yoda's Zbrush sculpt. I focused a lot on the facial features for this mesh, primarily because most of the body will be covered with cloth.

(Snoringeagle) #6

Yoda's Lightsaber WIP by snoringeagle on Sketchfab

Quick WIP update: Here's Yoda's lightsaber for my upcoming scene! The blade will obviously be animated, so this is just a stand in.

(Snoringeagle) #7

Well, I finished sculpting and baked down my Yoda model! For textures I'm going with a kind of hand painted look, reminiscent of the visual style of the Clone Wars cartoon while not being too similar. Now I just have to figure out a simple way to do hair and then finish the outer cloak!

(Snoringeagle) #8

Grand Master Yoda by snoringeagle on Sketchfab

And here's Yoda, all nice and rigged, with some rough textures. I think I may need to adjust my normals, as they're coming across too harsh. But it is a work in progress so there is always room to improve.

(Snoringeagle) #9

Yoda Updated Model by snoringeagle on Sketchfab

Updated Yoda! Minor texture adjustments, but largely I overhauled the rigging for the cloak for ease of animation.