Star Wars contest 2015: "I am your father Nooooooooo"(Annotated)

(Conviley) #1

After some encouragement from friends and some nice comments on my Tie fighter i posted couple weeks ago I have decided to join the competition! :smile: I'm not going to use the tie fighter, i thought this would be a great opportunity to improve my character modelling skills, therefore i chose the nooooooo scene!

(Conviley) #2

I think im going to start modelling vader!

(Conviley) #3

made some progress!:smile:

(Conviley) #4

Struggeling a bit with the flow of the geometry but after fiddling around a while im quite pleased

(Bart) #5

Thanks for joining! I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

(Bart) #6

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!

(Conviley) #7

I'm beginning to realise that i'll probably not make it in time, my studies at the university takes up way to much time but, i'm atleast hoping to completely finish vader with textures and perhaps a pose :smile:

(Vaztor) #8

Im in the same boat man lol school has been eating into so much time I want to spend on this contest. At least you'll get an awesome Vader out of this :smile:

(Conviley) #9

Havent posted anything in a while but, i know have lord vader unwrapped :smile: Might have to do some more changes to the unwrapp though but, for now Now onwards to baking some cookies... oh i mean textures :rice_cracker: :cookie:

(Conviley) #10

Cool, what are you studying? hehe hope so!:smile:

(Conviley) #13

Darth Vader by Conviley on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #14

nice work, love the arm texture
if you don't mind asking, how did you get the fabric to look that good. Based on sketchfab viewer its really low poly but still great looking.

(Conviley) #16

Thanks! I Guess the texture helps alot, but also perhaps the fact that i modeled a highpoly version so that i could bake the normals off of it:)

(Dark Minaz) #17

guess ill have to try that high to low poly baking out at some point if you can achieve that much in the end.

Still so many things to learn :smile: