Star Wars Contest 2015: IT'S A TRAP! Annotated Scene

(Stosh) #1

I'm choosing to create an annotation for the IT'S A TRAP! scene. I'm essentially going to create this from the space view. Going to create all the represented space ships in the movie shots that encompass this scene. I will have this setup somewhere between when the Rebels begin to pull up from attacking the Death Star and to when they finally engage the Tie Fighters. The modeling will all be low poly to make simple shapes for the starfighters and cruisers. Below are a few of the reference images I'm using to help figure out close to the number of each ship and positioning of them for the scene.

The only thing I may have to worry about is the size and space this whole battle scene will take up. I plan to also put in Endor and the Death Star to help break up just having it in space backdrop. I'm not sure if anyone could inform me as to how much "space" I have to work within since these fleets could be decently far apart. I understand I'll have to make the closer than what it actually was to keep it more interesting, but I still don't want to contain everything too close together.

Excited to get it going and just start tackling all the starfighters, cruisers, freighters, and capital ships I need to create.

(Bart) #2

Thanks for joining! I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

(Stosh) #3

The beginnings of the imperial fleet...

I've created my models for the Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, and Star Destroyer. I've created the general size proportion of everything from Endor to the Death Star to the Super Star Destroyer, onward down to the starfighters. Next up is finishing the Imperial fleet with the Super Star Destroyer and a finished Death Star model.

(Stosh) #4

Imperial Fleet at full strength.

Created the Super Star Destroyer model and had fun just building up a screen shot of an Imperial Fleet in full force! Onward to the Death Star!

(Bart) #5

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!