Star Wars Contest: Duel in Mustafar

(Danielgarza) #1

Hello everyone! I'm in, so this is my wip thread, i'll post progress as soon as possible! This will be a lot of fun, is the first project I bring to sketchfab so i'm nervous haha, i chose Duel in Mustafar scene

(Danielgarza) #2

Ok, first things first, I want to start analazing my scene to absorb all i can regarding color scheme, shapes, architecture, etc. I decided to make a styled version. Here are some images I took from the movie to start grasping the look.

Some sketches of the environment and elements

Blocking basic shapes for the environment, (haha those blue lightsabers look badass already!)

(Danielgarza) #3

Today I started modelling the characters, this is Obi Wan, this is the style I'm going for...

(Bart) #4

Thanks for joining! I've added one month of Sketchfab PRO to your account so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations for your Star Wars scene. Enjoy :smile:

(Kyan0s) #5

I love the style of the character ! :grinning:

(Marcoloreto) #6

That Obi-Wan looks bad ass!

(Danielgarza) #7

@bartv Thanks! All of what I've seen about this software is awesomeeee!, bring cg to another level :smiley:
@kyan0s thanks! I 'm working hard to keep the aesthetics consistent in the environment and clothing, its a real challenge!
@marcoloreto Thank you! I

(Danielgarza) #8

This is a study of hues i'm going to use on the characters, how shapes ineract with the light sources and proportions balance, I'm happy with it but the design is not finished yet, I need to paint diffuse textures too with details... (Anakin hand has to be robotized-chopped XD...)

(Romainrevert) #9

Ha nice style ! Sleek and pertinent.
Maybe you should test the light with the sketchfab engine too ?

(Dark Minaz) #10

obi looks kinda like your avatar :smiley:
but i really like your style, reminded me a bit on the new lego set for 2015

in a good way :stuck_out_tongue:

(Danielgarza) #11

@romainrevert thanks! :smiley: I have to do that soon, thanks for the advice
@dark_minaz, I didn't notice before haha, maybe I projected some of me into the character... I hope still looks like Obi Wan haha, that lego is awesome! glad you liked my work

(Bart) #12

That color study is awesome!

You should be able to light it like that. For really nice soft light it might be better to bake the light into your scene. You could still add some dynamic shadow casting lights after that if you want.

(Danielgarza) #13

Thanks bart, i think i'm going for baked shadows, i made a test and it looks great with baked light and sketchfab illumination :smiley:,

(Bart) #14

Awesome, care to share an embed? :smile:

(Danielgarza) #15

Shure! here it is bart! it have some artifacts I need to polish later, also add more details :smile:

Obi-wan Starwars-Contest by danielgarza on Sketchfab

Star Wars Contest 2015 category: news & fun!
(Pasto) #16

Wow, I like this stile!!!!

Only one issue... the eyes! :scream: :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Xavi H. Oromí) #17

Great job so far @danielgarza :grinning:
Are you going for anotated or animated scene?

(Bart) #18

That looks awesome, well done!

(Bart) #19

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!

(Danielgarza) #20

tnks! I think I'm going for annotation, I'm not good at animation haha