Star Wars Contest: Windu vs Emperor

(AndreiRadu) #1

Why we have to choose from this scenes? There are so many representative characters and much more famous moments in the series .. and we are constrained to choose from this? The death of Jar Jar Binks.- that's a famous scene. To be honest, I would have liked to make the duel between Obi Wan & Qui Gon Ginn Vs Darth Maul but I have to wait till next episode.

(Bart) #2

Contests always work better when you set some constraints, and limiting the topics makes it easier to compare the work that people submit. While thinking about the Star Wars contest, we decided that saying 'just go and model whatever you want' was way too broad. So yep, these are the scenes to choose from, I hope you'll find one that you like!

Oh, and the death of Jar Jar was a joke :wink:

(AndreiRadu) #3

You got me with that one! May the force be with you Bart!

(Bart) #4

So will you join us? :smile:

(AndreiRadu) #5

I don;t know yet. I'm not 100% sure about the choice of the scene.

(AndreiRadu) #6

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
I'm in. My scene will be the duel Mace Windu vs. Emperor Palpatine.

(AndreiRadu) #7

I will try to recreate this scene.

And I made a test for the lightning.

Lightning Bolt Test by RaduAndrei on Sketchfab

(Miekeroth) #8

Nice! But if you are able to make it a bit more in 3d the effect would be great!

(AndreiRadu) #9

Miekeroth, this is just a test, is a simple plane.
Here is a sketch fpr Mace Windu made in Zbrush.

(Miekeroth) #10

looks great! Really looking forward to the WIPs

(Dark Minaz) #11

he looks like he's about to scream "there are some motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane"
Interested to see how yours will turn out, love the realism approach.

(AndreiRadu) #12

I'm pretty satisfied with how it look. I will move on modeling Anakin.

(Bart) #13

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!

(AndreiRadu) #14

Palpatine's office is almost finished (geometry). Next days I will make the textures. And I will upload the model here.

(AndreiRadu) #15

Welcome to the Palpatine's office. Still testing not finished.

Star Wars Contest: Windu vs Emperor [testing] by RaduAndrei on Sketchfab

(AndreiRadu) #16

Not finished.

Mice Windu Render Test by RaduAndrei on Sketchfab

(Philip3d) #17

Cool, I like the character. Just a suggestion for the next time though - I think the fingers would look better separated, instead of having them sculpted together like you've done.

(AndreiRadu) #18

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm in a hurry right now . I did;t have time for sculpting details.

(Bart) #19

It looks great. The fingers didn't really bother me, to be honest. His facial expression is great, maybe he could use a little sweat?

(AndreiRadu) #20

Mr Palpatine with wig.
Im not satisfied but I have no time to make the scene better.
Hei Bart I think it is a problem with the site, I re-uploud the scene with new archive and nothing is change, it is the same scene I uploud the first time.

Emperor Palpatine Wip by RaduAndrei on Sketchfab