Star Wars: Pod Racing Scene

(Jack F) #1

I figured I'd take a stab at trying to build the Pod Racing scene from Star Wars Episode I. I've been working on this slowly over the last week and a half, mainly just to get the tiling scenery working right!

(Jack F) #2

Here is a WIP of the canyon scene I've built. The idea is that, instead of a scene with a beginning and an end, it will be more of a VR idle scene, so you can really get in to the scene without having to worry about missing anything in particular

(Jack F) #3

Alright, Engines finished! I was hoping to go 100% baked lighting with this one, for both mobile and background's sake, I'm not sure how that will entirely translate, given the metal material, it was much easier for a (mostly) uniform roughness, like sand and rock

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Blog for more details!

This is a really dynamic scene! The WIP piece is looking good!

(Jack F) #5

Almost done! I just have a few glitches I might need to work out

(Jack F) #6

Fixed a couple glitches and we're DONE!