Star Wars: Return of the Jedi VI - Battle of Endor

(Deca) #1

Hi.
It is a bit late to enter this contest, but i will try to create the scene when the millenium falcon exits the exploding death star

(Bart) #3

Cool, welcome on board! I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

Also, please keep an eye on the official contest forum thread and be sure to 'watch' it so you'll receive notifications (instructions are on the forum):

(Deca) #4

Death star dump tunnel exit update

(Deca) #5

All work and no time makes Damiano a dully boy. Wish i have more time.

(Deca) #6

Lost all job of tonight thanks to maya. Millenuim Falcone to be done by scratch. Impossibile to finish.

(Deca) #7

Falcon speed modeling. Tomorrow UVs and paint.

(Deca) #8

PA pa pa PAAAAAAAAAAAAA PAAAAAAAAAAA papapaPAAAAAAAAAAAApaaaaaaaa

(Deca) #9

And coming soon on sketchfab

(Romainrevert) #10

What a tease ! You plan to have another ships in the scene ?

(Deca) #11

unluckyli i don't have time. I'm leaving for holidays Wednesday and i joined too late.

(Deca) #12

starwars-2015-still

Millenium Falcon by Deca on Sketchfab

(Deca) #13

starwars-2015-animation

STAR WARS - The Battle of Endor by Deca on Sketchfab

(Bart) #14

It's awesome! I feel that the explosion could get a little more focus though - it looks awesome but it's easy to miss in your entry?

(Jamesculley) #15

Very cool, that must have took some trial and error manipulating positions of geometry just right.. Would love to had tried something like that on my scene.

(Deca) #16

intially the idea was to have more improved "camera" movements, but it was lokking quite shitty, so i kept it as easy as possible. I hade just one week for doing that (i got late into the contest and i left for holidays xD)

(Deca) #17

I read it right now.. what you mean by "easy to miss in your entry"? I wish btw had more time to work on it but i decided to join too late :smiley: and i went out for holidays until 10 dec.

(Bart) #18

I thought that it was easy to miss that the explosion was animated, that's all :smile:

(Deca) #19

ahaha ok. The problem was mine that i did not get it :smiley: (my english sometimes lacks). but yes you're right. You don't see it really well, The problem is the "camera adaptation" i had to do. I lost like 2 nights tryng to get a really cool camera, with more movements ands so son. But at the end was too complicate and this is the best result i got, by wich i mean that there are few too fast movements and the Falcon is always the main character of this story :smiley: By adapting the animation to the camera i did in maya, all the thing was looking like too fast and barf provoking. ^^