STEP animation not working

animation

(Centaur Mare) #1

STEP animation is not working correctly in the Sketchfab viewer when I upload a glTF model (.gltf with embedded buffers).

It works correctly in gltf-viewer.donmccurdy dot com and my own viewer.

interpolation is STEP, but sketchfab seems to want to interpolate it with LINEAR.

I can’t attach the model as this is my first post, let me know if you need more details.

Hello,

I also responded to your support ticket. We’re investigating!

We have implemented STEP interpolation for glTF. It should go live in our next release. ETA next Tuesday.

The fix just shipped. I reprocessed your TV model and it seems correct now, but I guess you still need to add the textures for each frame.

(Centaur Mare) #6

Hi James,

Then that would be another bug in Sketchfab, each frame already has an emissive texture, did you look at the model in a glTF viewer?

Have a nice day,

Natty.

It looks like there were no textures imported with the glTF file.

(Centaur Mare) #8

Hi James,

The textures are embedded within the glTF, is it possibly an issue with the importer? See attached for original .gltf file

television.zip (531.1 KB)

Have a nice day,

Natty.

Hmm, I don’t remember if we support embedded textures yet, @waleguene ?

(Waleguene) #10

We don’t currently support embedded textures for .gltf/.glb. This is something that has been in our todo list for a long time but never came up in the priorities.
It’s easy to add and we may add it very soon.

We’ve added support for embedded textures.

(Centaur Mare) #13

My models failed to upload - previously they uploaded but without the textures showing.

Link?

(Centaur Mare) #15

giphyglb.zip (632.2 KB)
giphygltf.zip (682.9 KB)

@waleguene can you take a look?