Stop-Motion with Timeframe not working

timeframe
animation
3d
upload

(Jeremy Moyer) #1

Hi everyone, I'm quite new to Sketchfab so I apologize if I'm making a rookie mistake here.

Anyways, I have been trying to get a stop-motion animation to work but to no avail. These are the files in the zip I'm attempting to upload:

Knight_Walk_1.obj
Knight_Walk_2.obj
Knight_Walk_1.png
Knight_Walk_2.png
Knight_Walk_1.mtl
Knight_Walk_2.mtl
sketchfab.timeframe

My timeframe file says the following:
0.5 Knight_Walk_1.obj
0.5 Knight_Walk_2.obj

When I proceed to upload, I just get an "Upload Error" with no specific reason.

Thanks


#2

Hi Jeremy,

I just checked your last uploaded file ( https://sketchfab.com/models/b60cd07b49f640628551a130186705a4 ), and the .timeframe file was incorrect (same model listed twice):

Knight_Walk_1.obj
Knight_Walk_1.obj

I changed it to what you have above:

0.5 Knight_Walk_1.obj
0.5 Knight_Walk_2.obj

And it worked:
(note I did not check any of your other failed uploads)


(Jeremy Moyer) #3

Thanks for the response,

I've fixed this mistake in my file and yet I'm given error 13 upon uploading. It contains the same files listed above with only the timeframe corrected. Am I missing anything?

Thanks


#4

That's really weird. I downloaded these original files ( https://sketchfab.com/models/ca8e4bec75654976adf1228641f0fb7a ), and uploaded them without making any changes, and it worked:


(Jeremy Moyer) #5

This link: https://sketchfab.com/models/ca8e4bec75654976adf1228641f0fb7a
for me returns an error that says "An error occurred while converting your model"
Perhaps it's just an error on my end.


(Jeremy Moyer) #6

Sorry for the trouble but one last note that may help solve my issue: I tried downloading a working stop-motion file and re-uploading it, and yet again I received error 13. Is there anything that could be disrupting my attempts to upload? I appreciate the help, this is such a strange and frustrating problem :slight_smile:


#7

Maybe @mrchlblng can help :confused:


(Mrchlblng) #8

So technically, the issue is that your zip looks like

2016-08-22 12:03:24 .....          137           96  MyZip/Knight_Walk_1.mtl
2016-08-22 12:03:24 .....         7581         1689  MyZip/Knight_Walk_1.obj
2016-08-22 12:03:24 .....         1190         1195  MyZip/Knight_Walk_1.png
2016-08-22 12:03:32 .....          137           96  MyZip/Knight_Walk_2.mtl
2016-08-22 12:03:32 .....         7571         1704  MyZip/Knight_Walk_2.obj
2016-08-22 12:03:32 .....         1190         1195  MyZip/Knight_Walk_2.png
2016-08-22 12:55:22 .....           35           26  MyZip/sketchfab.timeframe

and in the sketchfab.timeframe you put:

Knight_Walk_1.obj
Knight_Walk_2.obj

but we expect path relative to the archive root, not sketchfab.timeframe.
If you update by either removing the MyZip folder or changing sketchfab.timeframe content to

MyZip/Knight_Walk_1.obj
MyZip/Knight_Walk_2.obj

it'll work.
I can see how the current UX is too restrictive so we'll see to improve this.


(Jeremy Moyer) #9

Worked, thanks so much!