Suramar Moon Carnivale

(Jwhamer) #1

Suramar: a city shrouded in crepuscular secrets, home of a decadent, decaying lifestyle reliant on the dark pulsing energy of the Nightwell. But it's not all so bad, right? After all, the eternal evening is heavy with the scent of honeysuckle and wine...

I wasn't sure if I'd post, as I'm not 100% confident in finishing on time, but I loved the design of Suramar too much not to do a themed piece! A lot of the media I've seen about the city reminds me a lot of Venice, so I figured I'd do a Carnivale pavilion-- what would the citizens of Suramar celebrate? The phases of the moon that hangs just on the horizon? So here's the Moon Carnivale pavilion, home of the King of Carnivale and his subjects, loony on the lunar influences. Pick a mask and relish the night, o citizens of darkness.

Concepting:

Blocking out:

(Liemnguyenart) #2

DOOO it! looks awesome, and in the end you'll have a pretty piece for that portfolio!

Your descriptions sound lovely! And don't worry about finishing in time, the experience and the lessons you've learned are the most important part. But I'm confident you can do it! Keep at it, can't wait to see where this goes!

(Bart) #4

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Jwhamer) #5

Hey guys! Thanks so much for your support so far. Sorry for the delay-- I've been mostly sculpting and baking, and those are hard to show good results for. I've gotten into the blocking-in-colour phase, and I'll do a second wave of sculpted items soon (pillows, trees, floor, etc.) Still trying to get that Suramar colour scheme whilst also getting a lunar feel to it! I'll move this blockout into SketchFab soon.
If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it!

(Jwhamer) #6

More progress! (slowly, slowly...) Soon I'll start decorating the carnival floats and design some masks!

(Ally Albon) #7

Those trees are looking lovely!

(Jwhamer) #8

it's in sketchfab! Time for the final push!! I just have to set dress a bit more, add some annotations... and then hopefully be home free? We'll see!

This is really lovely, love the color scheme. Good luck!

(Jwhamer) #10

Is there any way to get more than 5 annotations? I seem to be stuck in the middle of my story... :confused:

(Robin Dao) #11

If you have a pro account it should let you annotate more.

BTW great use of fake reflections by mirroring the geometry. Old school.:sunglasses:

(Jwhamer) #12

I still haven't gotten the month Pro for this contest... I suppose I can just limit it down to 5 in the meantime. :sob:
and thanks! Couldn't quite get a good water shader to work for me, so it'll have to do.