Tearing around Textures

blender

(Skater Gators) #1

Hey there, I’ve noticed some disconnected vertices exclusively around the textures of my recent model uploads, I’ve double checked the issue isn’t present when loading the file in Blender and haven’t changed my upload process so unsure what is causing this.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

(Laurer1990) #2

Mhhh are those overlapping vertices? Ever tried to deleat douple vertices in blender? Do you have just UV seams or seperate polygon islands?

Anyway … that’s strange either if you have seams or seperate mesh islands this should not happen.
If you like i could take a look on your blend file

(Skater Gators) #3

Heres the .Blend for the lower model https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y3mo6zbeERU4_6DHwgYfi-pHFWRKgGDv

Its all one mesh and there doesn’t seem to be any doubles, I don’t have seams around the texture however so that may be causing it

(Laurer1990) #4

Hey SkaterGators
I just looked over your model and i made little changes on th UV Layout and that seems to solve the issue.

Here is my modyfied .blend file if you want to take a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sb4l00bg2mrv4ye/Q3.blend?dl=0

(Skater Gators) #5

Thank you, that does seem to solve it!
I see you changed the materials, was something about them causing this? just so I can try to avoid it in the future.

(Laurer1990) #6

Thats just because i don’t really know the ins and outs of the blender internal renderer so i tweked it a little bit in order to work with the texture in cycles to get a visual feedback.

Even if you work with simple textures be sure to have a decent UV Layout. In your case you want those eyes on the right spot but the rest of the character is a simple color.
I focused on the face UV of the bird and after that I did a smart UV unwrap of the rest and scaled it down.
You see its just a view clicks more to do but you have a consistent UV and thus less things which can cause problems. Aaaaand you just need one Material for the bird body. Actually you can try to take that texture map of the eyes and put all the other UV’s of the whole Character on it. Because you just have simple colors it should be the same result but with just one Material/Texture. Just a tipp from my side :wink: you can try it to improve you effectivity in your work.

So convoluted :smiley: if you like me to show what i mean i can do that

By the way, i really like that bird :slight_smile: nice work
Chears
Chris

(Skater Gators) #7

I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile: thanks for the help!