Texture Stretched

blender
3d

(James ) #1

I've been trying to fix this for about an hour now.

The textures looked fine in Blender and Substance painter
But when I exported it into Sketchfab it got messed up. I had a previous test of the same model, and I've noticed that it had a little bit of uv stretching on it. It got way worse with the next export and all I did was move some stuff around after
I've tried fixing it by reunwrapping everything, rebaking, and reimporting. It only seems to be affecting the gold material, I have the same gold material on 3 different objects and it only affects those. Have any of you ran into this problem before? Here is the model https://skfb.ly/6sJIx

(Shaderbytes) #2

the texture do not look stretched , those long lines are the bleed created by your application, the issue is that somehow your uv islands overlap the edges of your bake by some large margin in those areas/ are not aligned to the baked area.

You mentioned 3 different objects using this material , how sure are you that all those objects dont have overlapping UV's? If they do I can see it creating an error like this.

(James ) #3

These are the 3 UV maps, nothing is overlapping

I also went back optimized and re-textured my old cane model a few days ago https://skfb.ly/66WHI I used it for this diorama with the only changes being to the high poly. I added a bit of damage to it, but other than that they are untouched from the original model and should've worked fine.

(Shaderbytes) #4

your baked image doesnt match this uv layout you are showing here?? this looks like the base , in your model the base has no issues. Also I wonder are these items baking at the same time or overwriting the bake of the last object each time?? :

(Nomadking) #5

Is there a hidden 2nd set of UV's that might be causing issues during the bake or upload?

(James ) #6

I have a disabled texture set from an effect I was trying to implement with sand blowing over the dunes but I decided to remove it.

These are the rest of the texture sets

I checked and there is nothing else that is hidden or duplicated

(James ) #7

This is the gold base texture set in substance painter, its a separate texture set from the rest of the gold
I bake all the Normals at the same time, then I bake all the Curvature maps, then all Ambient Occlusion maps. After that I just throw the rest into one bake. Should I be baking differently?

(Shaderbytes) #8

flagging another sketchfab master @dark_minaz as he uses substance and can give you better help going forward.

(Dark Minaz) #9

Alright so you have way to many texture sets somehow but ignoring that fact from the first look it just seems like your uv and your maps don't mix.

Going with your uv posted above and your map .. pretty much the shown result

did you change your uvs since you were working in substance painter?
did you upload it directly with substance?

also for future projects, only use mutliple texture sets if you have overlapping uv's, quite a waste of space otherwise :slight_smile:

(James ) #10

(James ) #11

The Gold base is not used for the hook part, its supposed to only be on the bottom of the wooden diorama. But I see now that for some reason the hook actually is using it. Yes I upload directly into substance painter. Whenever I make a change to the UVs I always re-export it into Substance Painter 2 using Edit>Project Configuration. With the knowledge that the Gold hook is using the Gold base texture set Ill take another crack at fixing it. Thanks! :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #12

For your next model id only use 2 texture sets, 1 for the weapon, 1 for the scene

For example my current project, having less texture sets makes it much simpler to have overview on things. You can add multiple materials with masks https://blog.sketchfab.com/substance-painter-tutorial/ if they are all on the same uv space :slight_smile:

For example

is 1 texture set :slight_smile:

(James ) #13

Will do, I was able to fix my issue yesterday by decreasing the amount of texture sets used. Thanks for your help! :smiley:

(Dark Minaz) #14

Great :wink:
Glad we could help.