That was close! Return of Jedi Death Star!

(Lightnheat) #1

Still feeling this out. Not sure if I will attempt animation or just for a still.

(Lightnheat) #2

(Lightnheat) #3

(Lightnheat) #4

Not Happy with the material on the body. But this will work for now.

(Lightnheat) #5

messing around with greebles for this.

(Lightnheat) #6

I just thought I would get this out of the way. I wanted to enter this contest, just so I could hang out with some star wars fans and maybe get my ego stroked in the process. I think this disqualifies myself right here. Because I want to use this contest to finish MANY of my unfinished models from before this contest. and finally get some nice scenes with them. My X-wing and R2D2 were already mostly done. My Star Destroyer was barely started. My Tie fighter was about 25% done. Basically while learning programs I would start working on some model or another. So, I am not doing this to win. I have a Yoda that isn't completed either :smile: . In order to finish the scene i WILL need to build the falcon from scratch, super star Destroyer, Death Star from Jedi and Rebel Fleet. I need to find out how to use this site etc. Maybe I will be able to animate, but this seems ambitious. So to be fair I am just doing this to finish models, Hopefully make some new Star wars buddies and maybe get a few "Ataboys" "Cool Scene" etc.

(Bart) #7

Hey @lightnheat! You're late to the party :smile: Regardless of your intent to win, I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

Also, please keep an eye on the official contest forum thread and be sure to 'watch' it so you'll receive notifications (instructions are on the forum):

(Lightnheat) #8

Started Death Star II.

(Lightnheat) #9

(Dark Minaz) #10

ataboy
there you got one :smiley:
i like the triangle space ship .. oh geez i'm bad with names. "zbrush screengrab04" that one :smiley:
Did you create the whole thing in zbrush or did you start in another program and then just added details there?

The deathstar looks great too, seems like a lot of polys though.

I'm quite interested in sculpting at some point, (currently i stick with the maya sculpt tool) but id like to go to zbrush at some point, so that is why i'm asking how far you went before importing or if you started in zbrush itself.

(Lightnheat) #11

Thanks for the ataboy! :smiley: I appreciate it. The x wing was the only one that was made mostly in Maya. The rest is for the most part Zbrush.
The newest version of Zbrush has zmodeler brush that makes low poly hard surface modeling lots of fun. That's my personal feeling. The Death Star is up there in Polys right now. I will see if I can make it work.

(Dark Minaz) #12

guess ill have to try that out once :stuck_out_tongue:
even if hard surface is rather fun in maya, bevel here, bevel there. Well as long you set your limit to around 10k poly.

Last time i used zbrush was 3 years ago, so it may have changed quite a lot to the better.
if you can create a death star just in zbrush i kinda have to try it out. Well after the contest.
Thanks for the info :smile:

hope the force is with you, that you might get a scene done, even if it's not a 100% full scene with everything.

(Lightnheat) #13

Definitely check zbrush out again, huge difference in 3 years. There is still a bit of a learning curve, but in my mind it is worth it.

(Lightnheat) #14

Deathstar by lightnheat on Sketchfab