The Anti Plumbob [Done]

(Jeff Leclerc) #1

I've always loved playing The Sims since I was very young. Some of you might remember the potion laboratory that was available in the first expansion: Livin' Large. I swear I could spend days trying to get the right color of the potion so that my character could crank up his needs to the max!

So I then came up with the idea of a unique Sim that would try everything he could not to create the perfect potion, but to escape from the grasp of the infamous green crystal plumbob. To be more than just a Sim.

I started with some doodling as to how it will look like. This should be fun! Feel free to share any ideas and criticism.

(Simon Kratz) #2

Nice idea @jeffleclerc!
I can already thee from your concept how it might look like :smile:
Will you focus on modeling just the lab or add the desparate sim as well?

(Theedstar1) #3

HA HA HA HA HA your idea rocks ha ha ha id love to see that sim goes off the grid can't wait to see this come to life super excited man

(Bart) #4

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

PS: I wasn't entirely clear in the blogpost, but the #mad-science-wip tag was meant for the model uploads and not for the forum posts. You can remove it if you want :smile:

(Jeff Leclerc) #5

Hey @essimoon :smile: Sorry for the late reply, I've had a busy weekend! To answer your question, I will try to add the desperate Sim in the middle of his lab to add coherence and life to the scene. Here's a render of the main layout.

By the way, I'm really impressed by your 3D fountain, the shading is absolutely fantastic!

(Jeff Leclerc) #6

Here's an update on the model! I'll be adding more tubes and connections to the structure, so that the mad Sim can try to find the right solution to destroy the Plumbob's bound once and for all. You can also see earlier failed attempts at the bottom of the lab...

The Anti Plumbob - WIP 1 by Jeff Leclerc on Sketchfab

(Jeff Leclerc) #7

Just a quick update to show I'm still alive haha! I've completed the UV mapping of everything yesterday, so I will now begin the textures. I also bought The Sims 4 last Saturday to get inspired... and to play once the contest is over!

(Bart) #8

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!

(Jeff Leclerc) #9

Allright people! My entry is now finished. I had a great time exploring Substance Painter and learning how to use it. It is definitely a powerful software that makes texturing not only easier, but a lot more fun, in my opinion.

You can see the mad Sim's lab right here! :slight_smile:
Our guy has been working on countless methods to destroy the plumbob's bond, going from various mixtures to raw energy, but sadly, all of those failed attempts at the bottom reflect the difficulty of his endeavor. Will he ever manage to break free?

The Anti Plumbob by Jeff Leclerc on Sketchfab

(Edvin Borkovskij) #10

Looks like he won't finish his work, cuz he's gonna be controlled all the time by us. :smiley: