Sketchfab Forum

The Den of the Emerald Sun

(Theclinthennesy) #1

Good Day, Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Clint and I sort of just decided to jump in and join this contest. I’ve actually already been working for this the past 4 days (one day after the contest was announced) and I’ve been getting around a lot of the pre-production part of it. I’ve started doing rough sculpts as well for some of the smaller assets.

I’m really hoping to finish this project. With an 8-hour job, I feel like it’s going to be really hard to squeeze in- but It’s not often I get to work on a project that have both DEMONS and ELVES together as strong themes- and I am a very Demon-loving person. :smiley:

I’ve finalized the Story and “Main Theme” of what I wanted to tackle on- so here’s a sneak peek of what I want to show you guys. This should show you guys the overall shape of the darama. (Though, I’ve done a lot more work behind-the-scenes, but not gonna reveal them yet.)

The Den of the Emerald Sun

Those who venture outside, around the vicinity occasionally mistaken the eerie, green glow of the den as sunrise.

The Den of the Emerald Sun was once used a hideout by an Elven Couple. It is hidden around the areas between the Ghostlands and Quel’thalas. The couple used this place a small home as long as they could until they eventually could no longer sustain themselves and their need for magic...

I’ve decided to “buffer” the updates on this SketchFab posts just for the sake of moderation. This way, I can have a lot of content already done before posting stuff out here. I’m going to keep details short and a lot of art going- but I don’t wanna reveal the final story until towards the end when the assets are done. :smiley:

That's all for now. Thanks heaps for dropping by! :smiley:

(Michael Calvert) #2

I like it, also great concept sketch. Looking forward to seeing more!

(Theclinthennesy) #3

Hey Guys: I'm gonna put up some concept art updates!

I've realized I tend to get super wordy; but I like being wordy sometimes. LOL_ so I'll just post up images here.

But- if you do want a more detailed breakdown of the 'Behind-the-Scenes' in the making of all these, do drop by my blog:
http://www.theclinthennesy.com/#!The-Den-of-Emerald-Sun-Update-1/b1k0s/579c231c0cf233f0ee8bc9d2

Anyways- here are the images! :smiley:

(Bart) #4

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.