The Exorcist - Levitation Scene

(Baltazo) #1

Hello everyone!

I will give a shot at this contest by recreating the levitation scene in the original movie The Exorcist!

Here's an image from the scene :

I will post some WIPs as soon as I can!

Good luck y'all!

(Baltazo) #2

A quick blockout of the scene just to get a feel of the scale.

(Baltazo) #3

At this point, I put in most of the furniture without too much detail. The next step will be to add the sheets, pillow and handles on the drawers. After that I will add the characters!

(Baltazo) #4

Quick render after a bit of work on the base of the bed... Still much to do!

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

Iconic! Loving the WIPs already, awesome detail on the bed.

(Baltazo) #6

Thanks @c0re !

Here is another model! I basically imported my whole scene. I have some more details modeled in and some placeholder characters.

The old priest is almost done! No texturing yet but it's on its way.

(Baltazo) #7

Taking a break from the characters to add some more details and play with the lighting.

Here's a quick render :

(Baltazo) #8

Here's an updated version! I played around with some textures and tried to get the VR working!

(Baltazo) #9

At this point, I am testing the textures and baking the lighting to get more realistic shadows. I am also trying to get good performance on VR which is a challenge.

(Baltazo) #10

Putting the finishing touches on the scene. Pretty much finished baking the textures, and added a guest that is always hidden in the movie :wink:

Creepy, love it! Maybe the "guest" could be more hidden or transparent, to add more to creepy-factor?

(Baltazo) #12

Thanks! I will probably be working on it until the last minute!

(Baltazo) #13

There is my entry for the Contest!

I tried to make it as accessible to VR as possible so that it could also work on mobile devices (like my cardboard...) and not only on high-end headsets.

Enjoy!