The Fountain - Spaceship (WIP)

wip
contest

(Ingbue) #1

I am going to create one of my favourite cinematic scenes ever. A visually rich and impressive environment is created to show a journey of a spaceship through a nebula, in Darren Aronofsky's 'The Fountain'. The spaceship is a clear spherical orb containing nothing more, than a tree, soil, some vegetation, pond and the traveller. The journey seems to be sustained by the a symbiotic harmony/relationship between eveything inside of this closed system and the traveller's meditation. The tree is old, and shows signs of its coming death as it reaches its end, prior to its rebirth.

WIP

moviecontest-wip

(Adandrpepper) #2

I love this movie! Great choice! I can't wait to see how you do it!

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

Would love to see the progress on this! Have fun!

(Ingbue) #4

Here is a collection of images from the film, for the look and feel that I will try to achieve;

WIP

moviecontest-wip

(Ingbue) #5

The beginnings of the tree. I did some rough sketching to get the main form in.

WIP

moviecontest-wip

(Ingbue) #6

Blocking out the main parts of the scene; tree, ground, sphere

WIP

moviecontest-wip.

(Ingbue) #7

I've been looking at a lot of reference from the film, going through the frames to get a feel of the tree's surface qualities.
So I've started sketching in some of the roots, refining the branches' proportions, playing around with the overall shape. While I am trying to stay faithful to the film's tree, I won't be trying to replicate it in exact detail, rather just its feeling.

wip

moviecontest-wip