Sketchfab Forum

The Siege of Hanamura

(Gravitybwlast) #1

Hi everyone!

I'm jumping in this contest with the idea of a WoW/Overwatch crossover.

I will remake an area from the Overwatch map "Hanamura", but at the moment the Legion enters this world.
I'll go for a handpainted style, and stylize the proportions even more, to achieve a more cartoony look.

Quick storyline for this diorama:

The burning Legion is travelling from worlds to worlds, destroying everything in its way. Their power never cease to grow and the worlds they can reach through their portals are more and more distant. Until this point where they arrive in a strange place that looks strangely familiar...

Here is my main ref, with Overwatch screenshots as well:

I will be focusing on the RIKIMARU building with the murloc cause it's hilarious. As the Legion arrives, some parts will be destroyed and damaged by fel magic and spiky rocks.

I'll post some progress as soon as I have some time to work on it!

Cheers.

(Michael Calvert) #2

Interesting. Looking forward to your sketches.

(Bart) #3

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Gravitybwlast) #4

Hi. I finally had the time today to start working on the project. (Dare2016 protoplay fest was intense, then back to homeland)

Here is a 3D sketch/blocking of my diorama. I am already working on the rocks.

New updates soon

(Gravitybwlast) #5

Spiky rocks done - still needs fell magic leaking from them but I'll see later.
I will also need to make some wood planks and bricks parts to put as ruins in the rocks so the Rikimaru building feels less isolated even if its a diorama.

Now im gonna sculpt the murloc and texture it, I'll try and do it in less than 2 hours, sunday game prop style, lol.

(Gravitybwlast) #6

Hi guys, I have to quit this contest due to a lack of free time to work on it; preparing a Gamescom booth takes all of it.
Good luck to the other contestants!