Tiger II Konigstiger

(The Timeburner) #1

Guten Tag! Last week I started working on a Tiger II.

Here is what I have done so far:

(The Timeburner) #2

Greetings! This model have been on hold for months. Only this week did I decide to work on it again. Hope you like the updates.

(Dark Minaz) #3

looks pretty great, quite high poly but super detailed :slight_smile:
nice little kingtiger :smiley:

(The Timeburner) #4

Thanks. I like details more than textures,most of the time. And since I cant make good textures,ill compensate with details

(Dark Minaz) #5

well you can always just bake them down later :slight_smile: i did some cad (1,4mio poly models) down to 200 recently, works mostly fine :slight_smile:

(The Timeburner) #6

Now,what's only left to model are the treads and wheels.

(The Timeburner) #7

(Johnson Martin) #8

Love the detail on this. I've always been a huge fan of super high poly models. :stuck_out_tongue:

(The Timeburner) #9

Could be better,mate! I could add more details to it.The accessories,like the tools and tow cables. Also,the weld seams. It's only my hardware that's restricting me to so.

(Dark Minaz) #10

7mio, yep maya would crash at that point and not even try anymore :smiley:
but i am still a big fan of your dedication. Have you ever thought of creating some medium poly on top (20-40k) and baking it ? pretty sure it would look pretty great

(The Timeburner) #11

Thanks.

Yes,I do. I will eventually start baking. But,not with this kind of details. Max could barely functions with it open. I dont think baking would even start. And I am too lazy to do it. huehue. I will start with textured models first. Like this.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/7/78/Gen2_Aegis_Ingame.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130226013448&format=webp

(Dark Minaz) #12

ohh thats a sexy little tank :stuck_out_tongue: although most of that you can just use solid colors and avoid real texturing if you model everything again
but yeah maya just doesn't move after 2mio by default,so that doesn't surprise me much :slight_smile:

(The Timeburner) #13

Hey guys. Unfortunately for me, I can no longer finish this model. I can no longer apply turbosmooth on the treads. The polygons rise up to 30 million polygons and that exceeds what my hardware can handle. Which in my case,I am already running on windows basic theme,stopped unnecessary processes,and even disconnected my internet and disabled my anti virus at the hopes it will help. But,it didnt.

I'll be uploading the .3ds file here if anyone is interested in the model.

Zeal & Fury!

(The Timeburner) #15

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oBZOB

(Paulchambers3d) #16

I'm not familiar with 3ds Max - is it possible to load in low-poly proxies or placeholders so you can continue the scene without having all meshes in the same scene? How much RAM do you have?